Financial support for businesses
We are in a national lockdown. This means that we are under different rules and businesses that were previously able to open will have to close. You can find out the full details by visiting the Government website.
GOV.UK - National lockdown: Stay at Home
If your business is non-essential and required to close you will be able to apply for support through the Cheshire West COVID-19 financial support for business grant scheme.
If you have made an application before 31 December 2020 you will need to apply again under the new rules.
Please make sure your business rate account number is on the form as this will help us make a payment more quickly. If you do not have a business rate account number this will not stop you making an application.
Business Support Grant
Businesses that do not depend on providing direct in-person services from premises and can operate their services effectively remotely (e.g. accountants, dentists, solicitors, manufacturing) will not be eligible for financial support.
Businesses that do not need to close but have been significantly financially impacted by COVID-19 Tier restrictions can also apply for a grant but will need to supply additional evidence to support the application. This includes:
- A business identifier such as VAT registration number, company registration number or charity number.
- A business rates account number (if applicable).
- A description of what goods/services the business provides including its contribution to the local community and geographical reach.
- An explanation of the impact that the tier restrictions are having on the business.
- Details of fixed costs and other monthly outgoings.
- Details and evidence of the impact that restrictions have had on income levels.
- The number of people employed in the local area and any current furlough arrangements.
- Three months bank statements pre COVID-19 and last three months.
- Details of any other support received relating to COVID-19 e.g. previous business grants, bounce back loans, self-employed support.
Apply online for a Business Support Grant
Christmas Support Payment - Wet-led pubs
On 1 December the government announced an additional £1,000 Christmas grant for wet-led pubs in tiers 2 and 3 who will miss out on much needed business during the busy Christmas period.
The one-off payment for December and will be paid on top on the existing grants for businesses. This will cover those in tiers 2 and 3 forced to reduce their operations as a result of measures put in place to contain transmission of the virus.
The Council is following Government guidance for the scheme:
This scheme will close on 29 December 2020 and final applications must be made by 31 January 2021.
You will need to upload accounts from before March 2020 to support your application if you do offer food.
Apply online for the Christmas Support Payment