Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Information for landlords

Information we can give you

If you call us about your tenant, we can only give you limited information unless we have authority to speak to you. Your tenant will need to tell us that you can discuss their claim. They can do this by putting their permission in writing or by completing and returning the authority to discuss form (PDF, 110KB).

We cannot discuss individual claims or information with landlords because of data protection law and the information claimants give us is confidential.

In some circumstances, we can discuss some information with you. This is if you are treated as a 'person affected'. This means that you have rights under Housing Benefit regulations. A landlord is a 'person affected' when:

  • we are looking to recover an overpayment from you - we can tell you the amount, period and reasons why its being recovered
  • we are paying Housing Benefit directly to you - we can tell you the amount, weekly rate and period covered by payments
  • you have asked for direct payments and we have refused - we can tell you why we will not pay you.

Landlord account

As a landlord, you can access landlord account information online by registering for the Citizen Portal. This will enable you to:

  • view details of any payments we have made to you
  • view any payment schedule we have issued to you
  • search by payment date or for individual tenants
  • view details of awards and overpayments
  • view copies of documents that we have sent you.
Access your landlord account