Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Other ways to access Council services

Go online

Use our 'find the answer' facility to save you time, as this facility can answer many common questions.

Find the answer

Unable to complete our online forms

Please either request a callback or contact us on 0300 123 8123 if you:

  • need help to use our online reporting or complaint forms.
  • cannot go online to complete the complaint form.

More information can be found on our Accessibility page.

Contact us by phone

Our advisors are available from 8am until 7pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays and Christmas).

Calls to 0300 numbers are charged at local rates whether from landlines or mobile phones. They are included as part of any inclusive minutes or discounts.

Textphone users can request a British sign language support interpreter.

  • General enquiries: 0300 123 8123
  • Council Tax: 0300 123 7022
  • Payments: 0300 123 7029
  • Cemeteries and crematoria: 01244 972428
  • Cheshire West Community Access team: 0300 123 7034
  • Community Safety: 0300 123 8123
  • Fraud: 0300 123 7030
  • Housing Solutions (freephone): 0808 175 3595
  • Local Welfare Assistance - HELP Scheme (freephone): 0808 175 3599
  • Press and media enquiries: 01244 972216
  • Rates (Business): 0300 123 8123
  • Out of hours calls: 0300 123 7035

Visit us

To book an appointment to see a dedicated customer service adviser, with a range of times and locations available to suit you, please contact us on 0300 123 8123.

Resident Assistance Points are now available in some of our buildings and libraries. Buildings are equipped with technology to enable customers to access Council services and staff are on hand to provide guidance and advice.

Council buildings (supported by specialist customer service advisers) Libraries
Chester: Town Hall (side entrance) Ellesmere Port Library
Ellesmere Port: The Portal Frodsham Library
Northwich: Information Centre Neston Library
Winsford: Wyvern House Winsford Library


WiFi, Computer, Telephone, Printer

Public access to: 

Contacting the Council via your MP

Members of Parliament hold constituency surgeries to listen to the concerns of local residents, and receive many letters and emails from their constituents. They are committed to resolve them wherever possible.

Sometimes those concerns relate to services provided by the Council - including social care, highways, environmental services, waste collection, social housing and many other services.

Cheshire West and Chester Council work closely with MPs' offices to respond to issues raised with our local MPs. Our MPs often write personally to the Council’s Chief Executive, who investigates any issues they raise.

It is very important that everyone is able to exercise their right in contacting their MP. However, if the issue relates to a Council service, you should contact the Council directly for the quickest response, or raise it with your local Councillor.

Find your CouncillorFind your MP