Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Council Tax and empty properties


Properties that are uninhabitable and require or are undergoing works may qualify for a 25% discount for up to 12 months, you will need to provide proof and information about what work is being carried out.

Undergoing structural alteration must include changing the dwelling in some physical way. For example, the refitting of a kitchen, bathroom, new windows or redecoration would not constitute a structural alteration, as it is of a cosmetic nature, neither does it constitute major repair work to render the property habitable.

Apply for a discount