We currently have a Work Zone located in Chester, Ellesmere Port, Winsford and Northwich.
Our Work Zones offer a range of services to support you in identifying and developing your job hunting and employability skills. You need to be aged 19 or above to access this support.
Some examples of the help on offer at our Work Zones include:
- the opportunity to receive one to one information, advice and guidance (IAG) with the National Careers Service on options for learning and work, helping you to identify, and work towards your aims for the future
- personal skills analysis and action planning
- confidence building courses
- preparing for Employment qualifications
- brushing up on English, Maths and IT skills, and opportunities to gain current qualifications, including functional skills in English and Maths
Each of the Work Zones offers weekly Job Clubs - the Job Clubs run as a drop in, and cover such things as:
- one-to-one job search activities
- group work job search activities
- customer cross job search activities
- CV writing sessions
- application form completion sessions
- letter writing
- online application forms
- the benefits of employment
- personal goal setting
- self employment
- interview techniques
- mock interviews
- confidence building
As well as having free access to computers for job searching and applications, those registering with the Work Zones will also have the opportunity to work with an employment mentor who can support them on a one to one basis in their search for work.
Find out more about Employment Mentors, and how they might be able to support you in your search for work below.
It is free to register for Work Zone support and there is no charge for courses if you are unemployed and/or receiving means tested benefits.
The Work Zones are based at the following locations.
Find out more ways that you can access support with your aims in learning and employment on the Information, advice and guidance page of this website.