Housing related support


There is a range of support services available in Cheshire West and Chester which enable vulnerable adults to live as independently as possible. Support services include home assistance hub, domestic abuse refuges, homeless services, sheltered housing, community alarms and floating support services.

Where to find help and apply for services

West Cheshire Homes

Emergency out of hours

If you are homeless out of normal office hours you can ring the West Cheshire Homes out of hours number. This number is not for general housing advice but for people who are in need of accommodation that night.

Homeless or at risk

The council can help you if you are homeless or if you are worried about becoming homeless.

Domestic abuse

People have the right to be safe in their homes and relationships. No one, whatever their gender, sexuality, age, culture, race or disability should suffer domestic abuse.

If you are thinking about leaving an abusive relationship and are worried about your safety or the safety of your children, you do not have to suffer alone. There are people who can help, and you can take steps to stay safe.

Supported housing

We are currently in need of more supported accommodation across Cheshire West and Chester to support people while they are faced with homelessness so that there is less reliance on hotels, which are less suited to family life and developing independence. Further information can be found on our supported housing scheme page.

Home Improvement Agency services

HomeKey+ is the Home Improvement Agency (HIA) delivered by ForHousing in partnership with Cheshire West and Chester Council.

Homes matter and can have a huge impact on how people live their lives. HomeKey+ provides reliable advice and expert guidance to help you live independently and safely at home.

More information can be found on our help with adaptations and repairs page.

Floating support service

ForViva provide support services on behalf of the Council under the brand ‘ForFutures’. ForFutures support people who are at risk of becoming homeless, those without secure accommodation or ‘sofa surfing’, and people sleeping rough. For more information visit the ForFutures website below.

Social Care and Health services

You can access social care and health services if you are:

  • a young person at risk
  • homeless
  • at risk of domestic abuse
  • suffering from mental health issues
  • a teenage parent
  • an older person
  • a refugee
  • someone with a physical or learning disability

  • Contact adult social care and health

Further information

For more information about housing related support services, please contact: housingstrategy@cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk alternatively, if you require further information about adult social care and health related services please contact: commissioningandcontracts@cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk.