Skip to main content

Housing related support

There is a range of support services available in Cheshire West and Chester which enable vulnerable adults to live as independently as possible. Support services include home assistance hub, domestic abuse refuges, homeless services, sheltered housing, community alarms and floating support services.

Brook Lane Supported Housing Scheme 

Housing Strategy have submitted two planning applications for a proposed Supported Housing scheme in Brook Lane, Chester. The closing date for comments on the planning application is 18 October 2020.

Where to find help and apply for services

West Cheshire Homes

Emergency out of hours

If you are homeless out of normal office hours you can ring the West Cheshire Homes out of hours number. This number is not for general housing advice but for people who are in need of accommodation that night.

Homeless or at risk

The council can help you if you are homeless or if you are worried about becoming homeless.

Domestic abuse

People have the right to be safe in their homes and relationships. No one, whatever their gender, sexuality, age, culture, race or disability should suffer domestic abuse.

If you are thinking about leaving an abusive relationship and are worried about your safety or the safety of your children, you do not have to suffer alone. There are people who can help, and you can take steps to stay safe.

Home Assistance Hub

Liverpool Mutual Homes (LMH) has been appointed by Cheshire West and Chester Council to manage its new Home Assistance Hub.

The aim of the Service is to provide an integrated housing support service, by providing a single point of contact and ‘Making Every Contact Count (MECC)’. The contract includes a number of different services:

  • general advice, information, casework, provision of key safes
  • handyperson services
  • repairs and improvements for home owners (Decent Homes)
  • major adaptations (Disabled Facilities Grants)
  • minor work adaptations
  • occupational therapy specialist equipment
  • reactive target hardening service for domestic abuse victims

Floating support service

ForViva provide support services on behalf of the Council under the brand ‘ForFutures’. ForFutures support people who are at risk of becoming homeless, those without secure accommodation or ‘sofa surfing’, and people sleeping rough. For more information visit the ForFutures website below.

Social Care and Health services

You can access social care and health services if you are:

  • a young person at risk
  • homeless
  • at risk of domestic abuse
  • suffering from mental health issues
  • a teenage parent
  • an older person
  • a refugee
  • someone with a physical or learning disability

  • Contact adult social care and health

Further information

For more information about the housing related support services or any other adult social care and health related services please contact the Commissioning and Contracts team. 

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact