Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Information for tenants

Cheshire Landlord Accreditation Scheme

The Cheshire Landlord Accreditation Scheme has been set up to ensure that participating landlords and letting agents provide their tenants with a good quality home and housing service. When you see the Cheshire Landlord Accreditation Scheme logo on a landlord’s letter or advert, you can be assured that they are a good landlord/letting agent.

How to be a good tenant

Your landlord/letting agent has agreed to deliver a good quality home and housing management service however, you have responsibilities too as follows:

  • ensure that the property and any outside space is maintained to an acceptable level of cleanliness throughout the tenancy
  • ensure that the rent / or top up of the rent is paid on the agreed date and that where Housing Benefits (or Universal Credit) is paying the rent that all information is provided to us / Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) when requested, so that there are no issues of late payment
  • where you have accessed our Bond Guarantee Scheme or Enhanced Bond Guarantee Scheme, that you enter into a regular savings plan with the Credit Union
  • ensure that your landlord or letting agent (and us, particularly if we have provided a Bond) are informed of any damage or disrepair which occurs in the property in a prompt manner
  • provide your landlord or letting agent with up to date contact information along with any changes to that information throughout the tenancy
  • not engage in any activity including anti-social behaviour which has a detrimental impact on the property, neighbours or other residents living in the vicinity of the property

Making a complaint about your landlord/letting agent

If you are not happy with the service you are getting from your landlord/letting agent, you should always speak to them first. By letting your landlord or letting agent know of your complaint it gives them the opportunity to rectify the problem.

In some cases though, it may be necessary to make a complaint about your landlord or letting agent to your local Council. If you wish to make a complaint or you want to discuss your problem with someone who is independent, then please contact our Housing team via email: