Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Landlords and Letting Agents providing student accommodation

If you are a landlord or letting agent that provides accommodation for students studying at the University of Chester and you wish to advertise vacancies via the University of Chester’s accommodation office, you will need to be part of the Cheshire Landlord Accreditation Scheme.

For further information, please contact the University of Chester.

Being part of the Cheshire Landlord Accreditation Scheme will show that you are a good landlord/agent and will provide reassurance to both students and their parents/guardians that your property is in good condition. You can apply to be part of the Cheshire Landlord Accreditation Scheme below.

Advice on advertising your vacant property to students

There are various ways that you can advertise and promote your property for student letting.

According to the Students' Union, the most effective way for landlords and agents to advertise their vacant property is on line. Examples include the University of Chester's Student Pad website.

Some agents use 'to let' boards, however this is seen by students as an old fashioned way of promoting a let. There are many things you need to be mindful of if you want to use this way of promotion:

  • it could attract unwanted attention like criminals wanting to break in.
  • if all landlords in the area use a 'to let' board they could blight the area and students may be put off wanting to live there.
  • there are strict planning rules around the use of 'to let' boards which may result in enforcement action being taken against you.