Find a library
Extended opening hours
While Northwich Library is temporarily closed, Barnton, Sandiway and Weaverham libraries have extended their opening hours.
All items currently on loan from Northwich Library will be renewed automatically whilst the library is closed.
All regular activities have been relocated to different sites around Northwich and the neighbourhood libraries. The full activity programme and updates about the closure can be found on our Northwich Library page.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused by this closure.
Our order and collect service is still available from selected libraries and we have a wide range of eBooks, audio downloads, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eResources free of charge.
Our libraries are now fine-free for children aged 0 to 12 years so they will no longer be charged for any overdue items. Any pre-existing late charges have been removed from their accounts.
Extended opening hours
- Monday and Wednesday: 9.30am - 1pm, 2pm - 7pm
- Tuesday and Friday: 9.30am - 1pm, 2pm - 5pm
- Thursday: 10am - 1pm, 2pm - 5pm
- Saturday: 10am - 1pm
Townfield Lane, Barnton, Northwich, CW8 4LJ
- Login to your library account
- Renew your loans online or on 0300 123 7739 (24 hour)
- Search the library catalogue
- Join the library online
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers
- Computer access, printing and scanning facilities
- Free WiFi – simply login with your library card number and PIN/password
- Adult needlecraft: 5.30pm - 6.45pm, weekly. Friendly group covering all areas of needlecraft and all levels of ability
- Rowdy readers group: 5.30pm - 6.45pm, first Wednesday of the month. Informal and friendly group discussing what they have read that month
- To write or not group: 5.30pm - 6.45pm, second Wednesday of the month. Easy going writing group, sharing lots of encouragement and ideas
- Chatty Crafters: 5.30pm - 6.45pm, third Wednesday of the month. Informal and friendly meeting to share any crafting ideas and tips.
- Guided Craft Group: 5.30pm - 6.45pm, last Wednesday of the month.
- Rhymetime for under 5s: 11.30am - 12pm, weekly
- Lego club: 10.30am -12.30pm, weekly
- Storytime for under 7s: 10.30am - 11am
Online groups and activities
We are now offering regular online activities, which are available via Zoom (details can be requested using our enquiry form). These activities include:
- Not a reading group
- Zoom book club
Where is the library? How do I get there?
Coming from Northwich on the A533, after approximately four miles turn right into Beech Lane, by the Beech Tree Hotel. At the T-junction turn right into Townfield Lane, and the library is on the right, next to Rosebank School.
There is a regular bus service every 15 minutes from Northwich.
There is a free car park at the back of the library.
There is one disabled parking space in the library car park.