Ellesmere Port Library
Our order and collect service is still available from selected libraries and we have a wide range of eBooks, audio downloads, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eResources free of charge.
Our libraries are now fine-free for children aged 0 to 12 years so they will no longer be charged for any overdue items. Any pre-existing late charges have been removed from their accounts.
Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BG
- General enquiries
- Telephone: 0151 337 4684
- Disabled access guide for Ellesmere Port Library
- Monday, Thursday and Friday: 9am - 7pm
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 9am - 5pm
- Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Resident Assistance Point
This building is equipped with technology to enable customers to access Council services. Staff are also on hand to provide guidance and advice.
- Computer access, printing and scanning facilities
- Free WiFi – simply login with your library card number and PIN/password
Home Library Service
The Home Library Service provides library books and talking books directly to the homes of readers who are unable to collect their own items from a library. If you would like to use the Home Library Service, please ask a member of staff.
We’re always looking for new volunteers and there are a number of ways to help, from selecting items for customers, to driving and dropping off items at customers’ homes. To apply go to Volunteering in Cheshire West Libraries
- Baby rhyme and sign for babies under one: 10am - 10.30am, weekly in term time
- U3A: 10am - 12pm, 1st Tuesday of the month
- Ellesmere Port local and family history society: 10am – 12pm, weekly
- Toddler rhyme and sign (12 months and over): 10am - 10.30am, weekly in term time
- Armed Forces Veterans support group: 11am – 1pm, 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month
- Bereavement help point: 2pm - 4pm, 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month. Support and guidance provided by Hospice of the Good Shepherd. Drop in.
- Reading group: 2pm - 3pm, first Friday of the month
- Lego Club: 10am - 12pm, weekly
Where to find the library
Leave the M53 at Junction 9 and follow the signs for the town centre.
After a mile turn left at the traffic lights into Civic Way (just before the Civic Hall) and the library is on the right hand side, opposite the bus station.
The library is opposite Ellesmere Port bus station. Please visit the Bus Service Timetables directory to view bus timetables or plan your journey with Transport Direct below. You can also call Cheshire Traveline on 0845 140 2666, 8 am - 8 pm, for further information.
Pay and display parking facilities are available next to the library.
Disabled parking is available adjacent to the library.