Ellesmere Port Library
We have a wide range of eBooks, audio downloads, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eResources free of charge.
Our libraries are now fine-free for children aged 0 to 12 years so they will no longer be charged for any overdue items. Any pre-existing late charges have been removed from their accounts.
Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BG
- Telephone: 0151 337 4684
- Monday, Thursday and Friday: 9am - 7pm
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 9am - 5pm
- Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Resident Assistance Point
This building is equipped with technology to enable customers to access Council services. Staff are also on hand to provide guidance and advice.
- Computers, printing and scanning facilities
- Free WiFi – simply login with your library card number and PIN/password
Diverse Dine Cafe
Ellesmere Port Library has a new café called Diverse Dine, which is run by Vivo Care Choices. The cafe offers a menu of delicious and healthy food for visitors to enjoy.
Monday to Friday: 10am - 3pm
Home Library Service
The Home Library Service provides library books and talking books directly to the homes of readers who are unable to collect their own items from a library. If you would like to use the Home Library Service, please ask a member of staff.
We’re always looking for new volunteers and there are a number of ways to help, from selecting items for customers, to driving and dropping off items at customers’ homes. To apply go to Volunteering in Cheshire West Libraries
- Digital buddy session: 9am - 11am, weekly. Our digital buddy is here to help with all IT issues. Either drop in or book a half hour session.
- Baby rhyme and sign for babies under one: 10am - 10.30am, weekly in term time
- Carers coffee morning: 10am - 12pm, weekly.
- U3A: 10am - 12pm, 1st Tuesday of the month
- Family History drop ins: 10am - 12pm, weekly. Do you want to find out more about your family history but don’t know where to start? Come along and chat to our family history volunteer.
- Ellesmere Port local and family history society: 10am – 12pm, weekly
- Toddler rhyme and sign (12 months and over): 10am - 10.30am, weekly in term time.
- Ellesmere Port wellbeing walks: 1pm - 2pm, weekly. Meet outside the library.
- Bereavement help point: 2pm - 4pm, 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month. Support and guidance provided by Hospice of the Good Shepherd. Drop in.
- Reading group: 2pm - 3pm, first Friday of the month
- Lego Club: 10am - 12pm, weekly
- Bin to brilliant crafts: 11am - 11.45am, weekly. Creative crafts using recyclable materials.
Where to find the library
Leave the M53 at Junction 9 and follow the signs for the town centre.
After a mile turn left at the traffic lights into Civic Way (just before the Civic Hall) and the library is on the right hand side, opposite the bus station.
The library is opposite Ellesmere Port bus station. Please visit the Bus Service Timetables directory to view bus timetables or plan your journey with Transport Direct below. You can also call Cheshire Traveline on 0845 140 2666, 8 am - 8 pm, for further information.
Pay and display parking facilities are available next to the library.
Disabled parking is available adjacent to the library.