Ellesmere Port Library
Please note: Ellesmere Port Library has now reopened for customers, offering browsing, computer access, scanning and photocopying. Our order and collect service will still be available from selected libraries.
Holds have now resumed and loan periods have been extended until 17 May. Overdue charges have been suspended during this period. Our libraries are now fine-free for children aged 0 to 12 years, they will no longer be charged for any overdue items.
Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BG
Revised opening hours
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 9am - 5pm
- Thursday: 9am - 6pm
- Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Regular online activities
We are now offering a wide range of online activities which are available via our Facebook page and Zoom.
- Storytime: weekly at 10:30am, via our Facebook page. Entertaining stories brought to you by some familiar faces. Previous stories (and also rhyme times) can be found in our Storytime and Rhymetime playlists.
- Craft and chat: weekly at 10:30am, via Zoom. Every other week, a member of library staff will demonstrate a fun and easy DIY project. The week after will then be a relaxed discussion to review how everyone has got on, share ideas and show other projects being worked on.
If you'd like to join in you can email our Libraries team at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom details and what materials you may need.
- Coffee morning: weekly at 11am, via Zoom. A relaxed, social group where you can have a natter and a catch up with easy going people – you can make new friends or pick up ideas for a new hobby. Everyone is welcome and there will be themes and guest speakers at some sessions.
If you’d like to join please email our Libraries team at email@example.com for the Zoom details.
- Not a reading group: weekly at 11am, via Zoom. Join the Storyhouse team for a reading group with a difference. There’s no required reading or discussion about a specific title. Instead, you can talk about books that you’ve read, those that you’ve enjoyed, those that you would recommend and those you are looking forward to reading. The Zoom details can be found on the Storyhouse website.
- Crafts for all the family: weekly at 10:30am, via our Facebook page. Most crafts will have a recycling theme using materials from around the house and garden. Previous activities can be found in our craft playlist.
Where to find the library
Leave the M53 at Junction 9 and follow the signs for the town centre.
After a mile turn left at the traffic lights into Civic Way (just before the Civic Hall) and the library is on the right hand side, opposite the bus station.
The library is opposite Ellesmere Port bus station. Please visit the Bus Service Timetables directory to view bus timetables or plan your journey with Transport Direct below. You can also call Cheshire Traveline on 0845 140 2666, 8am - 8pm, for further information.
Pay and display parking facilities are available next to the library.
Disabled parking is available adjacent to the library.