Ellesmere Port Library
Ellesmere Port Library is now open with temporary revised opening hours. Items can be returned and borrowed via our self-service machines. You will also be able to pre-book a computer for essential tasks and urgent printing as well as use the photocopier (self-service). Borrowing items and using the computers will also be self-service, so remember to bring your library card.
From 12 October, all books will be issued for the normal three week loan period and will be due for return from 2 November. Overdue charges will be re-instated from 2 November. You can check the return date on your items by logging in to your account.
To support a safe and managed opening, we will have some new measures in place:
- limited numbers of people will be allowed in each building
- families will be welcome, but to ensure spaces can be managed safely, all children under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- some services will be unavailable to begin with including reference stock, newspapers, local studies materials, seating, toilets, meeting rooms and customer services
- regular events and activities have been suspended and replaced with online alternatives where possible
- there will be provision of hand sanitiser, one-way systems and floor markings to maintain social distancing
- we’ll also be following Government Test and Trace guidelines
- face coverings must be worn when visiting the library
Revised opening hours
- Monday, Wednesday and Saturday: 10am - 1pm
- Tuesday and Friday: 10am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm
- Thursday: 2pm - 6pm
- Sunday: Closed
Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BG
Where to find the library
Leave the M53 at Junction 9 and follow the signs for the town centre.
After a mile turn left at the traffic lights into Civic Way (just before the Civic Hall) and the library is on the right hand side, opposite the bus station.
The library is opposite Ellesmere Port bus station. Please visit the Bus Service Timetables directory to view bus timetables or plan your journey with Transport Direct below. You can also call Cheshire Traveline on 0845 140 2666, 8am - 8pm, for further information.
Pay and display parking facilities are available next to the library.
Disabled parking is available adjacent to the library.