Our order and collect service is still available from selected libraries and we have a wide range of eBooks, audio downloads, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eResources free of charge.
Our libraries are now fine-free for children aged 0 to 12 years so they will no longer be charged for any overdue items. Any pre-existing late charges have been removed from their accounts.
Lache Park Avenue, Lache, Chester, CH4 8HR
- Monday and Thursday: 9.30am - 1pm, 2pm - 7pm
- Tuesday and Friday: 9.30am - 1pm, 2pm - 5pm
- Wednesday: Closed
- Saturday: 9.30am - 1pm
- Login to your library account
- Renew your loans online
- Search the library catalogue
- Join the library online
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers
- Computer access, printing and scanning facilities
- Free WiFi – simply login with your library card number and PIN/password
- Scrabble Club: 10am - 12.30pm, weekly
- Reading group: 2.30pm - 3.30pm, 1st Monday of the month. Contact the library to find out the book being discussed.
- Baby sensory session: 10.30am - 11am, weekly. The sessions are aimed at new parents with babies aged 0-6 months. A chance for babies to explore their surroundings using sensory toys and for new parents to meet and chat (booking essential and term time only).
- Knit and natter: 2pm - 3.30pm, weekly. Friendly group sharing knitting ideas and tips.
- Rhymetime for under fives: 2.15pm – 2.45pm, weekly (term time only).
- Read, Listen, Share (ReLiSh): 10am – 11am, weekly. Social and friendly group, where no prior reading is required, at each session a poem or short story is read aloud and then discussed afterwards.
- Adult Colouring Group: 2.30 - 3.30pm, alternate Fridays.
Online groups and activities
We are now offering regular online activities, which are available via Zoom (details can be requested using our enquiry form). These activities include:
- Craft and chat group
- Not a reading group
- Zoom book club
Where is the library? How do I get there?
Lache Library is situated south west of Chester city centre near to the border with North Wales. The library is located on the corner of Lache Park Avenue, adjoining Cliveden Road.
The library is linked to the city centre by regular bus services 7, 8 and 16.
There is adequate space for parking on Lache Park Avenue.
On street parking is available close to the library.