Winsford Library is now open with temporary revised opening hours. Items can be returned and borrowed via our self-service machines. You will also be able to pre-book a computer for essential tasks and urgent printing as well as use the photocopier (self-service). Borrowing items and using the computers will also be self-service, so remember to bring your library card.
To support a safe and managed opening, we will have some new measures in place:
- limited numbers of people will be allowed in each building
- families will be welcome, but to ensure spaces can be managed safely, all children under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- some services will be unavailable to begin with including reservations, reference stock, newspapers, local studies materials, seating, toilets, meeting rooms and customer services
- regular events and activities have been suspended and replaced with online alternatives where possible
- the Summer Reading Challenge is online and you can find out about events and activities to do at home
- there will be provision of hand sanitiser, one-way systems and floor markings to maintain social distancing
- we’ll also be following Government Test and Trace guidelines
- face coverings must be worn when visiting the library
All loans have been extended until 1 October. You can still renew your loans using the Cheshire libraries catalogue or by phoning 0300 123 7739 (24 hour renewals).
Revised opening hours
- Monday: 2pm - 6pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 10am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm
- Thursday and Saturday: 10am - 1pm
- Sunday: Closed
High Street, Winsford, CW7 2AS
- Monday : 9.30am - 7pm
- Tuesday : 9.30am - 5pm
- Wednesday : 9.30am - 5pm
- Thursday : 9.30am -7pm
- Friday : 9.30am - 5pm
- Saturday : 9.30am - 1pm
- Sunday: Closed
The library has meeting rooms which can be hired by community groups and businesses. Charges and booking details can be found on our meeting room hire page.
Other services at your library
Novel Bite Cafe
Serving panini, toasties, jacket potatoes, snacks, cakes and hot and cold drinks.
- Open term-time Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9.30am to 3.30pm
- Telephone: 01606 288844
- The Registrar is available for registering births and deaths on Tuesdays and Thursdays 9.30am – 12.30pm and 1.15pm – 4pm, by appointment only.
- Telephone: 0300 123 7037
The county headquarters is based upstairs at Winsford Library and uses the two dance floors in the building on a regular basis. Cheshire Dance Workshop organise dance sessions and workshops throughout the county.
Telephone: 01606 861770
- Let’s Dance: 10.45 – 11.45am, Mondays. A learning and physical disability creative dance session.
- Parkinsons group: 12 – 1pm, Thursdays. This is a movement and dance session for those living with Parkinsons and their partners. The sessions are run in partnership with Shirley Brocklehurst and Parkinsons UK. For those interested in joining the group then contact Cheshire Dance on 01606 861770
Regular library activities
- Rhyme-time for the Under 5s (free)
10.30am - 11am, weekly.
- Family colouring club
3.30pm – 5pm, weekly. For all ages.
- Baby Bounce
10.30am – 11am, weekly. Singing and rhymes for babies 0 - 12 months.
- Afternoon reading group (free)
2pm - 3.15pm, weekly.
- Adult crafts
1pm – 3pm, weekly. Come and share your talents with others.
- Storytime for older children (5 to 9 years old)
3.30pm to 4pm.
- Storytime for the under 5s (free)
10.30am - 11am, weekly
- Tablet, laptop and smartphone tuition
2pm - 3pm, fortnightly. Drop in session offering help with tablets, iPads, laptops and smartphones.
- Lego club
3.00pm – 4.30pm, weekly. Duplo is also available.
- Reading group
Weekly 2pm - 4pm. Join our informal reading group to read aloud and chat about books. Not forgetting the coffee and cake. 50p per week plus £1 reservation charge for each book we read. Places are limited, if you would like to join the group contact the library.
- Children's crafts
A different fun thing to make each week. 9.45am to 12.30pm - free.
Home Library Service
The Home Library Service is available to anyone who cannot easily visit a library due to disability or incapacity. Volunteers deliver books or talking books on a regular basis, free of charge. Do you know anyone who could make use of this service? We can help. Or do you have a few hours spare to volunteer? For further information, please contact the library.
Where is the library? How do I get there?
The library is situated on the High Street dual-carriageway that runs through Winsford. It is opposite High Street Primary School and between the Dingle Recreation Centre and the Health Centre, to the left of the entrance to Winsford Cross Shopping Centre.
There is a bus stop directly outside the library for the 28-31 Northwich-Winsford-Crewe buses. Phone Cheshire Traveline on 0845 140 2666, 8am - 8pm, for further information. The railway station is over a mile away, with a bus service to the town centre. Please phone the National Rail Enquiry Line on 08457 484950 for train details.
The library has its own car park behind the building. Alternatively, short-stay parking is available from town car parks.
There are two disabled parking spaces in the library car park.