Please note: following the latest advice from Public Health England about social distancing we will be temporarily closing all libraries to the public from 5pm on Friday 20 March 2020, until further notice.
To help customers to continue using our service we have:
- Extended all loans until the end of August (we will continue to review this as necessary)
- Halted any new fines
- Removed the limit on all renewals
- Removed the charge for holds not collected
- Remember you can also access eBooks, audio downloads, eMagazines and eResources, free of charge.
You can renew your loans using the Cheshire Libraries Catalogue or phone 0300 123 7739 for 24 hour renewals. You can also email email@example.com.
High Street, Winsford, CW7 2AS
- Monday : 9.30am - 7pm
- Tuesday : 9.30am - 5pm
- Wednesday : 9.30am - 5pm
- Thursday : 9.30am -7pm
- Friday : 9.30am - 5pm
- Saturday : 9.30am - 1pm
- Sunday: Closed
The library has meeting rooms which can be hired by community groups and businesses. Charges and booking details can be found on our meeting room hire page.
Other services at your library
Novel Bite Cafe
Serving panini, toasties, jacket potatoes, snacks, cakes and hot and cold drinks.
- Open term-time Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9.30am to 3.30pm
- Telephone: 01606 288844
- The Registrar is available for registering births and deaths on Tuesdays and Thursdays 9.30am – 12.30pm and 1.15pm – 4pm, by appointment only.
- Telephone: 0300 123 7037
The county headquarters is based upstairs at Winsford Library and uses the two dance floors in the building on a regular basis. Cheshire Dance Workshop organise dance sessions and workshops throughout the county.
Telephone: 01606 861770
- Let’s Dance: 10.45 – 11.45am, Mondays. A learning and physical disability creative dance session.
- Parkinsons group: 12 – 1pm, Thursdays. This is a movement and dance session for those living with Parkinsons and their partners. The sessions are run in partnership with Shirley Brocklehurst and Parkinsons UK. For those interested in joining the group then contact Cheshire Dance on 01606 861770
Regular library activities
- Rhyme-time for the Under 5s (free)
10.30am - 11am, weekly.
- Family colouring club
3.30pm – 5pm, weekly. For all ages.
- Baby Bounce
10.30am – 11am, weekly. Singing and rhymes for babies 0 - 12 months.
- Afternoon reading group (free)
2pm - 3.15pm, weekly.
- Adult crafts
1pm – 3pm, weekly. Come and share your talents with others.
- Storytime for older children (5 to 9 years old)
3.30pm to 4pm.
- Storytime for the under 5s (free)
10.30am - 11am, weekly
- Tablet, laptop and smartphone tuition
2pm - 3pm, fortnightly. Drop in session offering help with tablets, iPads, laptops and smartphones.
- Lego club
3.00pm – 4.30pm, weekly. Duplo is also available.
- Reading group
Weekly 2pm - 4pm. Join our informal reading group to read aloud and chat about books. Not forgetting the coffee and cake. 50p per week plus £1 reservation charge for each book we read. Places are limited, if you would like to join the group contact the library.
- Children's crafts
A different fun thing to make each week. 9.45am to 12.30pm - free.
Home Library Service
The Home Library Service is available to anyone who cannot easily visit a library due to disability or incapacity. Volunteers deliver books or talking books on a regular basis, free of charge. Do you know anyone who could make use of this service? We can help. Or do you have a few hours spare to volunteer? For further information, please contact the library.
Where is the library? How do I get there?
The library is situated on the High Street dual-carriageway that runs through Winsford. It is opposite High Street Primary School and between the Dingle Recreation Centre and the Health Centre, to the left of the entrance to Winsford Cross Shopping Centre.
There is a bus stop directly outside the library for the 28-31 Northwich-Winsford-Crewe buses. Phone Cheshire Traveline on 0845 140 2666, 8am - 8pm, for further information. The railway station is over a mile away, with a bus service to the town centre. Please phone the National Rail Enquiry Line on 08457 484950 for train details.
The library has its own car park behind the building. Alternatively, short-stay parking is available from town car parks.
There are two disabled parking spaces in the library car park.