Frodsham and Helsby residents parking scheme
Please note: all residents’ permits due to expire at the end of March, April and May 2020 have now been extended to expire on 30 June 2020.
Will I qualify?
To qualify for a permit you must:
- permanently reside at an eligible address within the relevant parking zone.
- own or have the regular use of a vehicle.
Permits are issued on a priority basis as follows:
- first priority: application for a permit from a household within the zone that currently has no permit
- second priority: application for a second permit from a household within the zone and a household within the zone with off-street parking (provided that the council is satisfied that any off-street parking is inadequate for the household’s needs)
- third priority: application for a permit from a household outside of the zone with or without off-street parking (provided that we are satisfied that any off-street parking is inadequate for the household’s needs)
Priority two and priority three applications will only be considered if there are available spaces; it should also be noted that there is no automatic entitlement to a permit or to permit renewal. They will be considered at our discretion and permits will only be issued once an application has been accepted and availability within the existing scheme has been assessed (this may take up to six weeks from your application).
How much does it cost?
The cost of a residents' permit is currently £60 for a first and second priority permit and £90 for a third priority permit. Parking permits are valid for one year from the first day of the month in which the application is accepted. For example if your application is accepted on 12 June, the permit will be valid from the 1 June and expire on 31 May the following year.
How do I apply?
Please email your name, address and contact details to be added to our waiting list: firstname.lastname@example.org
When places become available we will be in touch. Disabled badge holders are permitted to park in residents' parking areas without the need to purchase a parking permit.
How do I renew my permit?
We will write to you 28 days before your permit is due to expire to let you know, and invite you to renew.
- Main Street
- number of spaces: 126
- availability: available
- Chester Road
- number of spaces: 14
- availability: available
When you change your vehicle or have a temporary vehicle you must notify the parking office as soon as possible. In order to cancel your permit please return it to us and a refund will be given for any full months remaining.
Lost or damaged permits will be replaced at a cost of £10 per permit.