Tattenhall recycling centre
This site will close promptly at 5pm. The gates may be closed before the closing times to allow those on the site to dispose of their waste.
Summer opening hours, April to September
- Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday 9am - 5pm
- Tuesday - Wednesday closed
We are currently experiencing a large amount of visitors, therefore we would recommend you only visit the site if your journey is essential. When visiting you will be required to provide proof of residency and you should also follow our code of conduct.
Cooking oil, glass bottles, household batteries, paper and plastic bottles can be recycled using your kerbside collection.
It is important to recycle batteries correctly as they can become harmful if they are damaged. More information about why it is important can be found on our recycling batteries page.
Safety and restrictions
- we do not accept asbestos, gas cylinders/bottles or tyres
- trailers over 1.5m in length are not permitted
- vehicles 3.5 tonnes and above gross vehicle weight are not permitted
- sites may close earlier if dark
- you cannot take waste onto the site by foot.
Do you need a permit?
You no longer need a resident permit for this centre. We now monitor visits using automatic number plate recognition (ANPR), mystery shoppers and body camera technology.
Red Lane, Tattenhall near Chester, CH3 9BD