Chester recycling centre
The gates may be closed before the closing times to allow those on the site to dispose of their waste.
Summer opening hours, April to September
- Monday - Friday: 8am - 8pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 8am - 6pm
When visiting this site you will be required to provide proof of residency and you should also follow our code of conduct.
|Cooking and engine oil|
|Fridges and freezers|
|Gas bottles and cylinders|
|Hard plastic (e.g. children's toys, garden furniture)|
|Household and bulky waste|
|Items for re-use|
|Paint and paint tins|
|Rubble and soil|
*It is important to recycle batteries correctly as they can become harmful if they are damaged. More information about why it is important can be found on our recycling batteries page.
Safety and restrictions
- we do not accept asbestos, gas cylinders/bottles or tyres
- trailers over 3.5m in length are not permitted
- vehicles above 3.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight are not permitted to use in our recycling centres
- sites may close earlier if dark
- you cannot take waste onto the site by foot.
Do you need a permit?
You no longer need a permit for this centre. We now monitor visits using automatic number plate recognition (ANPR), mystery shoppers and body camera technology.
If you are a charity, please view our information on Charity Permits.
To maximise reuse, we now have a shop at Chester. It is situated on a site next to the recycling centre; site staff will direct you to the site if required. Items for sale include bric-a brac, small electrical items and some furniture, all of which are safety tested. This will increase the amount of waste reused, which is preferable to both recycling and waste disposal.
- Core opening times: Monday-Friday - 8am - 4pm, Saturday - 8am - 12pm
- Closed: Sundays, Christmas day, Boxing day, and New Year's day. On other bank holidays we are open as normal.
Bumpers Lane, Off Sealand Road, Chester, CH1 6QE