Do you need a permit?
Neston is the only recycling centre where you need a resident permit.
All other recycling centres do not need a resident permit.
Apply for a Neston permit
You need a resident permit if you want to use the recycling centre at Neston, Clayhill Industrial Estate, because it is very close to the border with another council.
Before you apply
- permits can only be used by a permanent resident of the address displayed on the permit
- permits can only be used if the waste is from the address displayed on the permit
- permits must be produced on every visit to Neston recycling centre
- permits can only be used to dispose of waste classified as household waste by the Controlled Waste Regulations 2012
- permits cannot be used if the waste is being transported by a person or organisations who has a duty under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 Section 34 (1)
- permits cannot be used if the waste is being transported for the purpose of financial gain
- your residents permit will be posted to you within five working days after the application is approved
Charity permits are available for charities to take waste to Winsford or Ellesmere Port recycling centres. More information and how to apply.