Arts Team News Privacy Notice

Who will own my data once I submit It?

We will own your data once it has been submitted.

Why do you need my information?

When we collect and use your information, we need this to:

  • promote voluntary arts organisations
  • track Cheshire Rural Touring Arts Ticket (CRTA) purchases
  • email you a copy of our e-newsletter for voluntary arts network news
  • marketing information about CRTA season of performances and project, sharing opportunities for arts organisations, artists and writers and information on available funding strands and other relevant information

The information that we collect about you could include your name, email address, telephone number and address.

What allows you to use my information?

When we collect and use your personal information for Arts team newsletters and mailings, we do so after obtaining your consent.

Who will my information be shared with?

We may, on occasion, share your information with relevant third parties, for instance, curators or our partner arts organisations including:

  • Cheshire Rural Touring Arts
  • Storyhouse
  • Action Transport Theatre
  • Theatre in the Quarter
  • Cheshire Dance

Arts organisations details will be shared on our website if consent is given. If you have given consent to join the CW Voluntary Arts Network News mailing list this data can be shared with CW Voluntary Arts Network.

Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?

You do not have to provide us with your information, however if you do not, we will not be able to add you to our mailing lists to receive a copy of our newsletter or promote your arts organisation.

How long will you keep this data for and why?

We will only keep your personal data for as long as you subscribe with us. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the button on the bottom of the Voluntary Arts and CRTA newsletters or by contacting

How will my information be stored?

Your information will be stored securely within our IT Network. Your information will also be stored on Gov delivery for our newsletters and ticket source if you purchase any CRTA tickets.

What rights do I have when It comes to my data?

Under data protection legislation you have the right to request access to the information that we hold about you.

You can request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used on our Data Protection and Your Rights page and then submit your request by following your preferred method of contact in the 'How do I ask for my personal information' section.

In certain circumstances, under data protection legislation, you may also have the right to.

  • withdraw consent
  • receive your information in a machine readable format
  • have to inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
  • object to decisions being taken by automated means

If you wish to withdraw your consent from receive any information from us and have your personal data removed from our database, please email

To make a request follow the instructions on our Data protection for you page.

Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?

You can complain directly to our Data Protection team online or by post.

  • Online: Contact the DPO
  • By post: Data Protection Officer, The Portal, Wellington Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BA

You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:

Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?


Will my data be transferred abroad and why?