Arts Team Support Privacy Notice
This privacy notice is designed to help you understand how we use personal information when delivering our arts support services. It includes the services covered, the information we will use to deliver the services, who we will share it with, and how long we will keep it.
What services are covered by this privacy notice
- Art events – projects and activities delivered by CWAC and organisations in the borough
- Volunteers – community members who voluntarily support projects and activities
- Newsletter – sharing news, funding, information, events to those signed up to the newsletter
- Email Marketing – promoting events and projects to those who have signed up for information
- Arts Team Support Services – helping individuals, projects and organisations to find arts services, support and information
What personal information do we hold
We only collect and use the minimum personal information required to deliver your service. Wherever possible we use non-identifiable personal information.
The services may use some or all of the personal information such as; your name, email address, phone number and address.
Why we collect information about you
We use your information for one or more of the following reasons:
- email you about the Chester Contemporary programme, events and/or volunteering
- email you a copy of our e-newsletter for voluntary arts network news
- email you marketing information about Cheshire Rural Touring Arts Ticket (CRTA) season of performances and project
- share opportunities for arts organisations, artists and writers and information on available funding strands and other relevant information
- promote your voluntary arts organisations
- respond to general enquiries
- support project communication, development and evaluation
- track Cheshire Rural Touring Arts Ticket (CRTA) purchases
Who we share your information with
When we have to share your information, we will only do so where it is necessary or required by law or you have provided us with your consent to do so, when we share your information, we will only share the minimum information for each circumstance.
The organisations we will share your information with are:
- Cheshire Rural Touring Arts
- Action Transport Theatre
- Theatre in the Quarter
- Cheshire Dance
Arts organisations details will be shared on our website if consent is given. If you have given consent to join the CW Voluntary Arts Network News mailing list, we will also ask you for your consent to share your data with the CW Voluntary Arts Network.
We also use data processors to support activities, for example by providing the systems we need or delivering services on our behalf.
- Mailchimp to contact you about a service
- Qwest services to handle your enquiry, log your call when you contact our contact centre
- Firmstep our case management system for logging your contact with us when you contact our contact centre
- Ticketsource to support event ticket sales and management
The Data Controller
We are the Data Controller for this processing.
What is the legal basis for our use of your personal information
When we deliver a service to you that is in the public interest, is part of our public functions and powers that are set out in law, or we are legally required to do so, the legislation we rely on can be accessed by reviewing the information in the legislation section.
Our legal basis for using your personal information is: you provided us with your consent to join our mailing list and you provided us your consent to share with our CW Voluntary Arts Network
If you wish to withdraw your consent from receive any information from us and have your personal data removed from our database, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Will my personal information be accessible outside the UK
In order to safeguard your personal information and ensure you have the same rights as you would if your personal information was processed in the UK the following safeguards are in place
- we rely on an International Data Transfer Agreement and Addendum with the provider of our email marketing system.
How long will we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal data for as long as you subscribe with us. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the button on the bottom of the Chester Contemporary newsletter or for Voluntary Arts, Chainlinks, and CRTA newsletters or by contacting email@example.com
If we need to use your information for research or reports, your information will be anonymised and any information taken from notes (hand written or typed) during any consultation sessions will be securely destroyed. The information will continue to be used in a summarised and anonymised form in any research reports or papers that are published. The anonymised information in the papers may be of historic interest and may be held in public archives indefinitely
Under UK GDPR you have a number of rights that are set out on the Data protection for you page.
Further guidance about these rights can be accessed from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website.
If you are not happy about the way your personal data is being used, or you require further information about how we process your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Team:-
- Contact the DPO
- by post: Data Protection Officer, The Portal, Wellington Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BA
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details: