Eco Flexible Eligibility Privacy Notice
Who will own my data once I submit it?
We will own your data once it has been submitted.
Why do you need my information?
When we collect and use your information, we need this to:
- assess your ECO flexible eligibility application
- verify the eligibility of your property under the ECO flexible eligibility scheme
The information that we collect about you is:
- your name, address, picture or date of birth
- national identifiers such as NHS number, National Insurance number etc.
- information about your family
- details about your lifestyle and social circumstances
- financial details
- employment and education details
We also collect sensitive information about you called special category data. The information we may collect with your explicit consent is information on health conditions.
What allows you to use my information?
When we collect and use your personal information for to assess your ECO flexible application we do so after obtaining your consent.
Who will my information be shared with?
It may be necessary to share your information with other third party organisations in order to determine eligibility under the ECO flexible eligibility scheme. These may include:
- ECO providers
- energy companies
- appointed contractors of energy companies
Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?
Unfortunately if you do not provide the information as described above we will be unable to verify your eligibility under the ECO flexible eligibility scheme.
How long will you keep this data for and why?
We retain your information for eligibility application and consent form for three years.
How will my information be stored?
Your information will be securely stored on our network.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- your right to erasure - you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- your right to restriction of processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
- your right to data portability - you have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
To make a request follow the instructions on our Data Protection for you page.
Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is being used?
You can complain directly to our Data Protection team online or by post.
- Contact the DPO
- By post: Data Protection Officer, The Portal, Wellington Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BA
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:
- Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website
- By post: The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Telephone: 08456 30 60 60
Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?
Will my date be transferred abroad and why?