Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Camping site licence

If you allow your land to be used as a camping site by the public for more than 42 days consecutively or 60 days in a year, you require a licence from your local authority and conditions may be attached to this. There are exceptions for organisations that hold camping exemption certificates.

Apply to licence a camp siteApply to change a camp site licence

Regulation summary

What happens next?

When an application is made it will be deemed to be made unconditionally unless we give you notice that the application is refused or conditions are attached.

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us by the end of the target completion period.

When will a decision be made?

You can expect to be contacted by us within 14 days of receipt of your application and subject to the site having the appropriate planning approval in place we would normally expect to let you know our decision on your application within 30 days of receipt.

What if my application fails?

Please contact us in the first instance.

If an applicant is refused a licence they may appeal to their local Magistrates' court.

Licence holder redress

Please contact us in the first instance. A licence holder may appeal against a condition attached to a licence to their local Magistrates' court.

Consumer complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form of a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, further information about making a complaint, can be found on our information for consumers page.

Public register or database

The register of sites may be viewed by making an appointment through the office as detailed below.

Mobile Homes Act 2013

The new Mobile Homes Act 2013 came into force on 26 March 2013, the Act brings many changes which can be found on our Mobile Homes Act 2013 webpage.

General enquiries

Contact us

By post: Consumer Protection and Investigations Team, Regulatory Services, Cheshire West and Chester Council, Wyvern House, The Drumber, Winsford, CH7 1AH

Trade associations