Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Other benefits and grants

Death and bereavement benefits

Bereavement support payment

You may be able to claim the bereavement support payment if your husband, wife or civil partner has died. The bereavement support payment replaces the following benefits:

  • bereavement allowance (previously widow's pension)
  • bereavement payment
  • widowed parent's allowance.

Funeral payments

If you're on a low income and need help to pay for a funeral you're arranging, you may be able to get a Funeral Payment from the Social Fund. You might have to repay some or all of the money from the estate of the person who died.

War widow(er) pension

A War Widow's or Widower's Pension is a tax-free pension you may be entitled to if your wife, husband or civil partner died as a result of their service in Her Majesty's (HM) Armed Forces or during a time of war.

Widowed parent's allowance

The widowed parent's allowance has been replaced by the bereavement support payment.

If you already receive the widowed parent's allowance, your payments will continue while you're still eligible.