Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Other benefits and grants

Health and Social Care benefits

Attendance Allowance

Attendance Allowance is a tax-free benefit you could get if you're aged 65 or over and need help with personal care because you're physically or mentally disabled.

Carer's Allowance

Carer's Allowance is a benefit to help people who look after someone who is disabled.

You don't have to be related to or live with the person you care for. 

Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

Disability Living Allowance for adults is no longer available as it has been replaced by:

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

Employment and Support Allowance provides financial help to people who are unable to work because of an illness or disability. It also provides personalised support to those who are able to work.

Personal Independence Payment (PiP)

Personal Independence Payment helps with some of the extra costs caused by long-term ill health or disability if you're aged 16 to 64.

If you're eligible, you could get weekly payments to help with the extra costs caused by your condition.

How much you get is not based on your condition, but how your condition affects you. You'll need an assessment to work out the level of help you get. Your award will be regularly reassessed to make sure you're getting the right support.