Skip to main content

Marriage and civil partnerships

You can get married or enter a civil partnership in order to formally recognise the relationship between yourself and your partner.


The fee for a marriage or civil partnership varies. It depends on where or if you choose to have your ceremony.

You can pay for your ceremony online.

Make a payment online

Booking your marriage or civil partnership

Once you have given notice you are free to book your marriage or civil partnership.

Please note: It is possible for same sex couples who have entered into a civil partnership to convert it to a marriage. For more information and to book an appointment, please contact us.

Finding a venue

You can have your ceremony at a register office or an approved premises. You can also have a religious ceremony. Find your perfect venue and learn more about the ceremonies we provide in 'The Place to Celebrate brochure'.

Ordering Certificates

You can order certificates in advance of your ceremony as well as on the day. If you order certificates after the day of your ceremony the fee will increase.

General enquires

For any furthur enquires please contact us.

Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.