Extended and flexible entitlement
1. Models of flexibility and the extended offer (PDF, 45KB)
Examples of session options with pros and cons for providers and parents, and the training and support linked to each option.
2. Appendix 1: admissions guidance (PDF, 26KB)
Information to support childcare providers with their admissions arrangements
3. Appendix 2: early years foundation stage delivery during lunchtime (PDF, 29KB)
This document discusses the value of lunchtime, factors to consider when developing quality lunchtimes in the Early Years Foundation Stage and the links across areas of learning.
4. Appendix 3: free school meals - maintained settings only (PDF, 20.5KB)
Information for maintained settings on how to determine if any 3 or 4 year old children receiving their free entitlement are eligible for free school meals.
5. Appendix 4: staffing issues - maintained settings only (PDF, 33KB)
Advice on staffing hours and salary changes resulting from the move to delivering 15 hours of Extended and Flexible Free Entitlement. This is aimed at the Maintained sector but will give other sectors some items to consider when changing.
6. Appendix 5: staffing ratios - maintained settings only (PDF, 98KB)
A compilation of extracts from guidance on staffing ratios in the Maintained sector. Again this is aimed at Maintained settings but will give other sectors some factors to consider when staffing their early years provision.