Helsby Library will reopen on Wednesday 2 December with temporary revised opening hours. Items can be returned and borrowed via our self-service machines. You will also be able to pre-book a computer for essential tasks and urgent printing as well as using the photocopier (self-service). Borrowing items and using the computers will also be self-service, so remember to bring your library card.
Reservations will resume on Wednesday 2 December. Normal loan periods and overdue charges will resume from Monday 7 December.
From 7 December children under 13 years will no longer be charged for any overdue items and any pre-existing late charges will be removed from their accounts. You can check items on loan by logging in to your account.
To support a safe and managed opening, we will have some new measures in place:
- limited numbers of people will be allowed in each building
- families will be welcome, but to ensure spaces can be managed safely, all children under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- some services will be unavailable to begin with including reference stock, newspapers, local studies materials, seating, toilets, meeting rooms and customer services
- regular events and activities have been suspended and replaced with online alternatives where possible
- there will be provision of hand sanitiser, one-way systems and floor markings to maintain social distancing
- we’ll also be following Government Test and Trace guidelines
- face coverings must be worn when visiting the library
Revised opening hours
- Monday, Friday and Saturday: 10am - 1pm
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 2pm - 6pm
- Thursday and Sunday: Closed
Lower Robin Hood Lane, Helsby, WA6 0BW
Where is the library? How do I get there?
The library is next to the Health Centre.
There is a car park located next to the library.
Disabled parking is available in the library car park.