Little Sutton Library
Little Sutton Library will reopen on Wednesday 2 December with temporary revised opening hours. Items can be returned and borrowed via our self-service machines. You will also be able to pre-book a computer for essential tasks and urgent printing as well as using the photocopier (self-service). Borrowing items and using the computers will also be self-service, so remember to bring your library card.
Reservations will resume on Wednesday 2 December. Normal loan periods and overdue charges will resume from Monday 7 December.
From 7 December children under 13 years will no longer be charged for any overdue items and any pre-existing late charges will be removed from their accounts. You can check items on loan by logging in to your account.
To support a safe and managed opening, we will have some new measures in place:
- limited numbers of people will be allowed in each building
- families will be welcome, but to ensure spaces can be managed safely, all children under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- some services will be unavailable to begin with including reference stock, newspapers, local studies materials, seating, toilets, meeting rooms and customer services
- regular events and activities have been suspended and replaced with online alternatives where possible
- there will be provision of hand sanitiser, one-way systems and floor markings to maintain social distancing
- we’ll also be following Government Test and Trace guidelines
- face coverings must be worn when visiting the library
Revised opening hours
- Monday, Thursday and Saturday: 10am - 1pm
- Tuesday and Friday: 2pm - 6pm
- Wednesday and Sunday: Closed
Chester Road, Little Sutton, Ellesmere Port, CH66 1QQ
Where is the library? How do I get there?
Leave the M53 at junction 8, following the signs for Overpool (B5463), across the first roundabout, continuing past Little Sutton rail station on the left, and then turn right at traffic lights on to A41. Library car park is immediately after garage on the right.
The following buses stop just outside the library car park:
- 1 and 2 Chester - Liverpool
- 272, 274, 359 Arrowe Park Hospital - Ellesmere Port
Please visit the Bus Service Timetables directory to view timetables for these services or plan your journey with Transport Direct below. You can also call Cheshire Traveline on 0871 200 22 33, 8am - 8pm, for further information.
The library has a car park but it gets very full at busy times as it is shared with the Community Centre and bowling green. There is also a car park in Ledsham Road nearby.