Neston Library is now open with temporary revised opening hours. Items can be returned and borrowed via our self-service machines. You will also be able to pre-book a computer for essential tasks and urgent printing as well as use the photocopier (self-service). Borrowing items and using the computers will also be self-service, so remember to bring your library card.
From 12 October, all books will be issued for the normal three week loan period and will be due for return from 2 November. Overdue charges will be re-instated from 2 November. You can check the return date on your items by logging in to your account.
To support a safe and managed opening, we will have some new measures in place:
- limited numbers of people will be allowed in each building
- families will be welcome, but to ensure spaces can be managed safely, all children under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- some services will be unavailable to begin with including reference stock, newspapers, local studies materials, seating, toilets, meeting rooms and customer services
- regular events and activities have been suspended and replaced with online alternatives where possible
- there will be provision of hand sanitiser, one-way systems and floor markings to maintain social distancing
- we’ll also be following Government Test and Trace guidelines
- face coverings must be worn when visiting the library
Revised opening hours
- Monday, Thursday and Friday: 10am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm
- Tuesday: 2pm - 6pm
- Wednesday and Saturday: 10am - 1pm
- Sunday: Closed
Parkgate Road, Neston, CH64 6QE
Where is the library? How do I get there?
Neston Library is on the left hand side after the shops on Parkgate Road, on the way out of Neston.
Neston railway station is five minutes walk from the library; bus stops are five minutes walk from the library.
There is a small car park at the rear of the library and some on road parking at the front.