Northwich Library has opened in its temporary location at Weaver Hall Museum, while the library building on Witton Street is being renovated.
The new temporary location offers a wide selection of the latest fiction and non-fiction titles, internet access via public computers and free Wi-Fi, printing photocopying and scanning facilities, and a range of events, activities and groups.
There is also a self-service library option at Brio Memorial Court where books can be returned and more can be selected from a bespoke range. Our libraries at Barnton, Sandiway and Weaverham are open as normal.
Based at Weaver Hall Museum and Workhouse, London Road, Northwich, CW9 8AB
- General enquiries
- Telephone: 01606 275646
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: 9am - 5pm
- Thursday and Friday: 9am - 7pm
- Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Pop-up library at Brio Northwich Memorial Court, Chester Way, Northwich, CW9 5QJ
You can also borrow, return and renew library books via self-service at our pop-up library in Northwich Memorial Court. This offer is available during the leisure centre opening times:
- Monday – Friday: 6.30am - 10pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 8am - 8pm
- Bank Holidays: 9am - 4pm
- Login to your library account
- Renew your loans online
- Search the library catalogue
- Join the library online
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers
- Stories of Sanctuary
- Computer access, printing and scanning facilities
- Free WiFi – simply login with your library card number and PIN/password
Home Library Service
The Home Library Service provides library books and talking books directly to the homes of readers who are unable to collect their own items from a library. If you would like to use the Home Library Service, please ask a member of staff.
We’re always looking for new volunteers and there are a number of ways to help, from selecting items for customers, to driving and dropping off items at customers’ homes. To apply go to Volunteering in Cheshire West Libraries
Regular activities (all at Weaver Hall Museum unless specified otherwise)
- Art for wellbeing: 10am - 11.30am, weekly.
- Stories and rhymes for under 5s: 10.30am - 11am and 11.30am - 12pm, weekly.
- Digital device sessions: 2pm - 3.30pm, weekly. Learn how to get the most out of your technology, from tablets to smartphones.
- English conversation group: 10am - 11.30am, weekly
- Storytelling and crafts: 11am - 12pm, first Wednesday of the month at Costa Coffee in the Odeon. Fun for U5s with Baron's Quay kids club.
- Scrabble club: 2pm - 4pm, weekly.
- Lego club: 3.30pm - 4.30pm, weekly.
- Baby bounce: 10.30am - 11am and 11.30am - 12noon, weekly. Singing and rhymes for 0 - 12 months
- Craft and chat: 2pm - 4pm, weekly
- Adult colouring club: 10am - 12pm, weekly
- Library Social: 10.30am - 12pm, first Friday of the month at Sandiway Library (except for school holidays). Coffee, cake and live music from local groups.
- Art workshops with local artist Sue Marsden: 2pm - 4pm. Second Friday of the month, currently at Barnton Library.
Where is the library? How do I get there?
Directions (on foot)
The library and museum is a 10-15-minute walk from Northwich town centre. From the centre, follow Chester Way before turning left at the traffic lights by Waitrose onto London Road. Keep following London Road and the entrance is on the right immediately after passing under the railway viaduct.
You can also walk along the River Dane through Chinkers Field and Vickersway Park.
Visit the itravelsmart website and app to see cycling routes in Northwich and other active travel information: Cycle | itravelsmart.
Directions (by car)
The museum is situated on the A533 (London Road) about half a mile south of Northwich town centre. It is well signposted (follow the brown signs) from the A556. If you are approaching from the town centre, make sure you indicate and turn right immediately after passing under the railway viaduct.
If you wish to travel by bus there are two nearby bus stops on London Road, served by the number 4 Northwich Circular from the town centre. More bus information can be found here: Arriva UK Bus | Buy Bus Tickets & Check Live Bus Timetables (arrivabus.co.uk)
There is a large free car park onsite.
There are disabled spaces in the car park.