To ensure a safe and comfortable environment for everyone we are recommending the wearing of face coverings and are still maintaining social distancing and hand hygiene.
Our order and collect service is still available from selected libraries and we have a wide range of eBooks, audio downloads, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eResources free of charge.
Our libraries are now fine-free for children aged 0 to 12 years so they will no longer be charged for any overdue items. Any pre-existing late charges have been removed from their accounts.
Witton Street, Northwich, CW9 5DR
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: 9am - 5pm
- Thursday and Friday: 9am - 7pm
- Saturday: 9am - 1pm
- Art for wellbeing: 10am - 11.30am, weekly, booking is essential
- Read and relax: 2pm - 3pm, weekly, booking is essential
- Stories and rhymes for under 5s: 10am - 10.30am and 11am - 11.30am, weekly in term time. With one session held in school holidays. Please ring to enquire (booking is essential)
- Digital device sessions: 2pm - 3.30pm, weekly. Learn how to get the most out of your technology, from tablets to smartphones
- English conversation: 10am - 11.30am, weekly, booking is essential
- Wellbeing walks: 10.30am - 12pm, weekly. Take a walk with the Health Ranger around the fantastic woodlands of Northwich, meet on the library steps at 10.30am, please wear suitable clothing and footwear
- Scrabble club: 2pm - 4pm, fortnightly
- Lego club: 3.30pm - 4.30pm, weekly
- Baby bounce: 10am - 10.30am, 11am - 11.30am and 12pm - 12.30pm, weekly. Singing and rhymes for 0 - 12 months (booking is essential)
- Craft and chat: 2pm - 4pm, weekly
- Spanish conversation: 5.30pm - 6.30pm, weekly
- Adult Colouring: 10am - 12pm
- Coffee morning: 10.30am - 12pm, first Friday of the month (except for school holidays) with live music
- Lego club: 9.30am - 12.30pm, weekly
Online groups and activities
We are now offering regular online activities which are available via Zoom (details can be requested using our enquiry form). These activities include:
Where is the library? How do I get there?
Northwich Library is situated in a grade two listed black and white building in the main pedestrianised shopping area of the town centre. The library is located at the 'top end' of Witton Street near to Sainsbury's and the Penny Black pub.
The nearest bus stop is at Northwich bus station on Watling Street, which is about 5-10 minutes walk away from the library. Northwich railway station is the nearest train station and is slightly out of the town centre corner of Station Road and Manchester Road, taking around 10-15 minutes to reach on foot. Bicycles can be locked on the railing at the front of the library. Please note: bicycles are not allowed into the library itself.
We do not have our own car park, but Northwich town centre has a number of car parks that are within easy reach of the library. These can mainly be found at the back of the pedestrianised area off Leicester Street. You can also park at Brio Leisure on Watling Street and walk through the pedestrianised area, to the library.
There are disabled parking areas within easy reach of the library off Albion Road, which runs along behind the library.