Northwich Library is now open with temporary revised opening hours. Items can be returned and borrowed via our self-service machines. You will also be able to pre-book a computer for essential tasks and urgent printing as well as use the photocopier (self-service). Borrowing items and using the computers will also be self-service, so remember to bring your library card.
All loans have been extended until 2 November. Any items borrowed directly from a Cheshire East Library are now issued for the normal three week loan period. You can check the return date on your items by logging in to your account.
To support a safe and managed opening, we will have some new measures in place:
- limited numbers of people will be allowed in each building
- families will be welcome, but to ensure spaces can be managed safely, all children under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- some services will be unavailable to begin with including reference stock, newspapers, local studies materials, seating, toilets, meeting rooms and customer services
- regular events and activities have been suspended and replaced with online alternatives where possible
- there will be provision of hand sanitiser, one-way systems and floor markings to maintain social distancing
- we’ll also be following Government Test and Trace guidelines
- face coverings must be worn when visiting the library
Revised opening hours
- Monday, Tuesday and Friday: 10am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm
- Wednesday and Saturday: 10am - 1pm
- Thursday: 2pm - 6pm
- Sunday: Closed
Witton Street, Northwich, CW9 5DR
Where is the library? How do I get there?
Northwich Library is situated in a grade two listed black and white building in the main pedestrianised shopping area of the town centre. The library is located at the 'top end' of Witton Street near to Sainsbury's and the Penny Black pub.
The nearest bus stop is at Northwich bus station on Watling Street, which is about 5-10 minutes walk away from the library. Northwich railway station is the nearest train station and is slightly out of the town centre corner of Station Road and Manchester Road, taking around 10-15 minutes to reach on foot. Bicycles can be locked on the railing at the front of the library. Please note: bicycles are not allowed into the library itself.
We do not have our own car park, but Northwich town centre has a number of car parks that are within easy reach of the library. These can mainly be found at the back of the pedestrianised area off Leicester Street. You can also park at Brio Leisure on Watling Street and walk through the pedestrianised area, to the library.
There are disabled parking areas within easy reach of the library off Albion Road, which runs along behind the library.