Please note: Northwich Library has now reopened for customers offering browsing, computer access, scanning and photocopying. Our order and collect service will still be available from selected libraries.
Holds have now resumed and loan periods have been extended until 17 May. Overdue charges have been suspended during this period. Our libraries are now fine-free for children aged 0 to 12 years, they will no longer be charged for any overdue items.
Witton Street, Northwich, CW9 5DR
Revised opening hours
- Monday, Tuesday and Friday: 10am - 1pm, 2pm - 5pm
- Thursday: 2pm - 6pm
- Wednesday and Saturday: 10am - 1pm
Regular online activities
We are now offering a wide range of online activities which are available via our Facebook page and Zoom.
- Storytime: weekly at 10:30am, via our Facebook page. Entertaining stories brought to you by some familiar faces. Previous stories (and also rhyme times) can be found in our Storytime and Rhymetime playlists.
- Craft and chat: weekly at 10:30am, via Zoom. Every other week, a member of library staff will demonstrate a fun and easy DIY project. The week after will then be a relaxed discussion to review how everyone has got on, share ideas and show other projects being worked on.
If you'd like to join in you can email our Libraries team at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom details and what materials you may need.
- Coffee morning: fortnightly (from 15 April 2021) at 11am, via Zoom. A relaxed, social group where you can have a natter and a catch up with easy going people – you can make new friends or pick up ideas for a new hobby. Everyone is welcome and there will be themes and guest speakers at some sessions.
If you’d like to join please email our Libraries team at email@example.com for the Zoom details.
- Not a reading group: weekly at 11am, via Zoom. Join the Storyhouse team for a reading group with a difference. There’s no required reading or discussion about a specific title. Instead, you can talk about books that you’ve read, those that you’ve enjoyed, those that you would recommend and those you are looking forward to reading. The Zoom details can be found on the Storyhouse website.
- Crafts for all the family: weekly at 10:30am, via our Facebook page. Most crafts will have a recycling theme using materials from around the house and garden. Previous activities can be found in our craft playlist.
Where is the library? How do I get there?
Northwich Library is situated in a grade two listed black and white building in the main pedestrianised shopping area of the town centre. The library is located at the 'top end' of Witton Street near to Sainsbury's and the Penny Black pub.
The nearest bus stop is at Northwich bus station on Watling Street, which is about 5-10 minutes walk away from the library. Northwich railway station is the nearest train station and is slightly out of the town centre corner of Station Road and Manchester Road, taking around 10-15 minutes to reach on foot. Bicycles can be locked on the railing at the front of the library. Please note: bicycles are not allowed into the library itself.
We do not have our own car park, but Northwich town centre has a number of car parks that are within easy reach of the library. These can mainly be found at the back of the pedestrianised area off Leicester Street. You can also park at Brio Leisure on Watling Street and walk through the pedestrianised area, to the library.
There are disabled parking areas within easy reach of the library off Albion Road, which runs along behind the library.