You can now visit the library to borrow books and for pre-booked computer access. To ensure a safe and comfortable environment for everyone we are recommending the wearing of face coverings and are still maintaining social distancing and hand hygiene.
Our order and collect service is still available from selected libraries.
Holds have now resumed and usual loan periods and charges resumed on 17 May at open sites. Our libraries are now fine-free for children aged 0 to 12 years so they will no longer be charged for any overdue items.
Witton Street, Northwich, CW9 5DR
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: 9am - 5pm
- Thursday and Friday: 9am - 7pm
- Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Online groups and activities
We are now offering regular online activities which are available via Zoom (details can be requested using our enquiry form). These activities include:
- Craft and chat group
- Not a reading group
- Reading friends book club
- Read and relax: 2pm - 3pm, weekly
- Stories and rhymes for under 5s: 10am - 10.30am and 11.30am - 12pm, weekly in term time (booking is essential)
- Digital device sessions: 2pm - 2.30pm, 2.45pm - 3.15pm and 3.30pm - 4pm, weekly. Learn how to get the most out of your technology, from tablets to smartphones. Please contact the library to book a slot.
- English conversation: 10.30am - 11.30am, weekly
- Baby bounce: 10am - 10.30am, 11am - 1.30am and 12pm - 12.30pm, weekly. Singing and rhymes for 0 - 12 months (booking is essential)
- Craft and chat: 2pm - 4pm, weekly
- Spanish conversation: 5pm - 6pm, weekly
Where is the library? How do I get there?
Northwich Library is situated in a grade two listed black and white building in the main pedestrianised shopping area of the town centre. The library is located at the 'top end' of Witton Street near to Sainsbury's and the Penny Black pub.
The nearest bus stop is at Northwich bus station on Watling Street, which is about 5-10 minutes walk away from the library. Northwich railway station is the nearest train station and is slightly out of the town centre corner of Station Road and Manchester Road, taking around 10-15 minutes to reach on foot. Bicycles can be locked on the railing at the front of the library. Please note: bicycles are not allowed into the library itself.
We do not have our own car park, but Northwich town centre has a number of car parks that are within easy reach of the library. These can mainly be found at the back of the pedestrianised area off Leicester Street. You can also park at Brio Leisure on Watling Street and walk through the pedestrianised area, to the library.
There are disabled parking areas within easy reach of the library off Albion Road, which runs along behind the library.