Extended opening hours
While Northwich Library is temporarily closed, Barnton, Sandiway and Weaverham libraries have extended their opening hours.
All items currently on loan from Northwich Library will be renewed automatically whilst the library is closed.
All regular activities have been relocated to different sites around Northwich and the neighbourhood libraries. The full activity programme and updates about the closure can be found on our Northwich Library page.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused by this closure.
Our order and collect service is still available from selected libraries and we have a wide range of eBooks, audio downloads, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eResources free of charge.
Our libraries are now fine-free for children aged 0 to 12 years so they will no longer be charged for any overdue items. Any pre-existing late charges have been removed from their accounts.
Extended opening hours
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9.30am - 1pm, 2pm - 5pm
- Tuesday and Friday: 9.30am - 1pm, 2pm - 7pm
- Saturday: 9.30am - 1pm
Mere Lane, Cuddington, Northwich, CW8 2NS
- Login to your library account
- Renew your loans online
- Search the library catalogue
- Join the library online
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers
- Computer access, printing and scanning facilities
- Free WiFi – simply login with your library card number and PIN/password
- Digital device drop in: 11am - 12pm, weekly
- Rhymetime: 10.30am – 11am, weekly in term time
- Refreshment exercise and chat: 4pm - 5pm, weekly. Gentle chair exercises followed by a cuppa and a chat
- Craft and Chat: 5.30pm – 6.30pm, weekly. Adult craft group, bring along your own project for friendly chat and crafting, all abilities welcome
- Duplo club: 10am - 12pm, weekly
- English conversation group: 10am - 11.30am, weekly. Relaxed, social group which aims to build confidence in speaking English as well as improving listening skills, through everyday conversations. Ideal for speakers of other languages.
- Storytime for Under 5s: 2.15pm – 2.45pm, weekly in term time
- Baby bounce: 10.30am – 11.30am, weekly in term time
- Construction club: 10am - 12pm, weekly. Let your imagination run wild and explore different ways of building with our selection of construction resources.
Online groups and activities
We are now offering regular online activities, which are available via Zoom (details can be requested using our enquiry form). These activities include:
- Craft and chat group
- Not a reading group
- Zoom book club
Where is the library? How do I get there?
Coming from Northwich on the A556, turn right at the traffic lights, after the Round Tower, onto School Lane. At the T-junction turn right onto Weaverham Road and left onto Mere Lane. The library is on the right, opposite the shops.
Bus no 82 from Northwich.
There is a car park to the rear of the library.
There is one space in the library car park.