Our order and collect service is still available from selected libraries and we have a wide range of eBooks, audio downloads, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eResources free of charge.
Our libraries are now fine-free for children aged 0 to 12 years so they will no longer be charged for any overdue items. Any pre-existing late charges have been removed from their accounts.
Wealstone Lane, Upton, Chester, CH2 1HB
- Telephone: 01244 973700
- Upton Library now has a hearing loop
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9.30am - 1pm, 2pm - 5pm
- Tuesday and Friday: 9.30am - 1pm, 2pm - 7pm
- Saturday: 9.30am - 1pm
- Free WiFi – simply login with your library card number and PIN/password
- Rhymetime: 2.15 - 2.45pm,weekly (term time only)
- Scrabble Club: 10am - 12pm, fortnightly (alternates with Rummikub)
- Rummikub: 10am - 12pm, fortnightly (alternates with Scrabble)
- Not a Reading Group: 2.15pm - 3.15pm, last Wednesday in the month
- Knit and Natter: 10.30am - 11.30am, weekly
- Poetry sharing: 2.15pm - 3.15pm, first Thursday of the month. No prior reading necessary. All welcome.
- Storytime: 2.15 - 2.45pm, weekly (term time only)
- A Cache of Crocheters: 5.45pm - 6.45pm, weekly. Crochet club for adults. All welcome.
- Lego and mega bloks club: 10am - 12pm, fortnightly (starting 14 January 2023)
- Children's board games: 10am - 12pm, fortnightly (starting 21 January 2023)
Where is the library? How do I get there?
Upton is a busy and popular library situated to the north of Chester City centre. It is located on Wealstone Lane next to Dorin Park School and Upton Village Surgery.
The number 26 stagecoach stops four times a day at the War Memorial on Mill Lane, from where it is a short walk to the library.
Own car park.
There are two spaces available.