Upton Library will reopen on Wednesday 2 December with temporary revised opening hours. Items can be returned and borrowed via our self-service machines. You will also be able to pre-book a computer for essential tasks and urgent printing as well as using the photocopier (self-service). Borrowing items and using the computers will also be self-service, so remember to bring your library card.
Reservations will resume on Wednesday 2 December. Normal loan periods and overdue charges will resume from Monday 7 December.
From 7 December children under 13 years will no longer be charged for any overdue items and any pre-existing late charges will be removed from their accounts. You can check items on loan by logging in to your account.
To support a safe and managed opening, we will have some new measures in place:
- limited numbers of people will be allowed in each building
- families will be welcome, but to ensure spaces can be managed safely, all children under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- some services will be unavailable to begin with including reference stock, newspapers, local studies materials, seating, toilets, meeting rooms and customer services
- regular events and activities have been suspended and replaced with online alternatives where possible
- there will be provision of hand sanitiser, one-way systems and floor markings to maintain social distancing
- we’ll also be following Government Test and Trace guidelines
- face coverings must be worn when visiting the library
Revised opening hours
- Monday, Thursday and Saturday: 10am - 1pm
- Tuesday and Friday: 2pm - 6pm
- Wednesday: 2pm - 5pm
- Sunday: Closed
Wealstone Lane, Upton, Chester, CH2 1HB
Where is the library? How do I get there?
Upton is a busy and popular library situated to the north of Chester City centre. It is located on Wealstone Lane next to Dorin Park School and Upton Village Surgery.
Chester City buses 1 and 4 stop at the War Memorial on Mill Lane, from where it is a short walk to the library.
Own car park.
There are two spaces available.