From Monday 24 August 2020, Weaverham Library will reopen with temporary revised opening hours. Items can be returned and borrowed via our self-service machines. You will also be able to pre-book a computer for essential tasks and urgent printing as well as use the photocopier (self-service). Borrowing items and using the computers will also be self-service, so remember to bring your library card.
To support a safe and managed opening, we will have some new measures in place:
- limited numbers of people will be allowed in each building
- families will be welcome, but to ensure spaces can be managed safely, all children under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- some services will be unavailable to begin with including reservations, reference stock, newspapers, local studies materials, seating, toilets, meeting rooms and customer services
- regular events and activities have been suspended and replaced with online alternatives where possible
- the Summer Reading Challenge is online and you can find out about events and activities to do at home
- there will be provision of hand sanitiser, one-way systems and floor markings to maintain social distancing
- we’ll also be following Government Test and Trace guidelines
- face coverings must be worn when visiting the library
All loans have been extended until 1 October. You can still renew your loans using the Cheshire libraries catalogue or by phoning 0300 123 7739 (24 hour renewals).
Russet Road, Weaverham, CW8 3HY
- Monday: 9.30am - 1pm and 2pm - 7pm
- Tuesday: 9.30am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm
- Wednesday: 9.30am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm
- Thursday: Closed
- Friday: 9.30am - 1pm and 2pm - 7pm
- Saturday: 9.30am - 1pm
- Sunday: Closed
- Knit 'n' Natter
Bring your own knitting along, between 11am - 12.30am and enjoy a friendly chat.
- Baby Bounce
10.30am - 11am, weekly.
- Coffee Morning
10.30am - 12.30pm, weekly. Join us for a cuppa and a chat.
- Friends Against Scams and Online Safety
10.30am - 12pm on the following Wednesdays: 6 March, 24 April, 15 May and 19 June. NatWest’s community banker will be on hand to offer advice and help about online safety, including online services such as banking and buying goods.
- Digital Storytelling
3.30pm - 4.30pm
- Under 5s Rhymetime
11am - 11.30am.
- Lego Club
10.30am - 12.30pm, weekly.
Other services available at your Library
Home Library Service
The Home Library Service is available to anyone who cannot easily visit a library due to disability or incapacity. Volunteers deliver books or talking books on a regular basis, free of charge. Do you know anyone who could make use of this service? We can help. Or do you have a few hours spare to volunteer? For further information, please contact the library.
Weaver Vale Housing Trust – Employment Horizons
For Weaver Vale tenants only. Help is provided with building CVs, filling in application forms and preparing for interviews. Sessions by appointment only.
Where is the library? How do I get there?
Coming from Northwich, with the row of shops on Northwich Road on your right, turn left into Withens Lane, then left into Russet Road. The library is the third building on the left.
Circular bus from Northwich every 20 minutes.
Small car park at front of building.
There is one disabled parking space in the library car park.