Blue Badge scheme
The Blue Badge Scheme is a national parking scheme for people with severe mobility problems or those registered as having a severe sight impairment.
Am I eligible?
You can automatically get a badge if you:
- are severely sight impaired or blind
- receive the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- receive Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and have scored 8 points or more in the ‘moving around’ section
- receive the War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement
- have received a lump sum benefit as part of the Armed Forces Compensation scheme (tariffs 1 to 8), and have been certified as having a permanent and substantial disability
- have been diagnosed as having terminal cancer
You may be eligible if you:
- drive a vehicle regularly and have a severe disability in both arms and are unable to operate, or have considerable difficulty operating, all or some types of parking meter
- have a permanent and substantial disability which means you cannot walk or find walking very difficult
- have children under the age of three, who have a disability due to a medical condition and need to travel with bulky equipment or be close to a vehicle for emergency medical treatment
- represent an organisation which cares for people with disabilities who meet one of the criteria listed above
If you think you meet the criteria above you can apply online.