Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Blue badge scheme

Document checklist

When you apply for a badge, we need to see supporting evidence and proof of who you are and where you live.

All applicants


  • a copy of a Council Tax or utility bill dated within the last 12 months
  • a bank statement dated within the last six months


A copy of one of the following:

  • birth certificate
  • adoption certificate
  • marriage or divorce certificate
  • passport
  • driving licence

Passport size photo

The name of applicant should be on the back of the photograph (if you are sending your documents by post). Your picture needs to show your head and shoulders.


The £10 fee must be paid before the application can be dealt with. We will give you a refund if your application is unsuccessful.

Part A

Disability Living Allowance

A copy of every page of your current award letter dated within the last 12 months.

Personal Independence Payment

A copy of every page of your current award letter dated within the last 12 months.

Registered as severely sight impaired or wish to register as severely sight impaired

A copy of certificate of vision impairment (CVI) or BD8 form signed by a consultant ophthalmologist.

War Pensioner(Mobility Supplement)

Copy of your award letter from the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA) phone: 0800 169 2277 for a copy.

Armed Forces & Reserve Forces (Compensation) Scheme tariff levels 1 - 8

Copy of your award letter phone: 0800 169 2277 for a copy.

Part B

You must provide evidence from a health professional and you are likely to be asked to attend an assessment.

Part C

Adapted vehicles

Proof of insurance details verifying adaptation

Child under three

Proof of medical condition/needs including any equipment or transport requirements from a healthcare professional including their contact details.

Claiming a Blue Badge for a child

Evidence that the child lives with you

  • proof of child benefit award
  • confirmation from the child’s school

If you want to send your documents by post you can do so with the address below, please do not send originals as these will not be returned.

Blue Badge Team
Cheshire West and Chester Council,
Wyvern House,
The Drumber,