Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Blue badge scheme

Renewals and replacements

When do I need to renew?

Usually every three years, this is so that we can check that you still qualify and your details are up-to-date. You should apply four weeks before the expiry date on your existing badge. This will allow time for the application to be processed and sent out to you before your badge expires.

You can use this renewal form if you were awarded a badge previously based on the following:

  • are severely sight impaired or blind
  • receive the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • receive Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and have scored 8 points or more in the ‘moving around’ section
  • receive PIP and have scored 10 points in the ‘planning and following journeys’ section on the grounds that you are unable to undertake any journey because it would cause you overwhelming psychological distress
  • receive the War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement
  • have received a lump sum benefit as part of the Armed Forces Compensation scheme (tariffs 1 to 8), and have been certified as having a permanent and substantial disability
  • have been diagnosed as having terminal cancer
  • mobility issues

If you were awarded the badge for any other reason, you will need to complete a new application form.

If you have a badge issued by another council and you have moved to Cheshire West, then you don't need to reapply. You just need to renew when your current badge expires.


If your badge has been lost, stolen or damaged then you can apply for a replacement. If your badge has been stolen we will need you to provide a crime reference number which you will get when you report it to the police.

Before you apply

You will need:

  • the serial number of your current badge (unless its been lost, stolen or you can't make it out)
  • a passport-style photo
  • a credit or debit card to pay the £10 administration fee
  • your National Insurance number