Trade Waste and Recycling Disposal Centre
A new trade waste and recycling centre in Chester is opening on 30 July 2018. The site is adjacent to the household waste recycling centre.
Core opening hours
Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
Saturday - 8am - 12pm
Closed: Sundays, Christmas day, Boxing day and New Years day. On other bank holidays we are open as normal
Please note: Sites may sometimes close earlier than advertised for safety reasons if it is dark or in bad weather
||Mixed trade waste
||Hardcore and rubble
|0.00 to 0.15 tonne
|0.16 to 0.25 tonne
|0.26 to 0.50 tonne
|0.51 to 0.75 tonne
|0.76 to 1.00 tonne
- All loads weighing over 1 tonne will be charged at actual weight multiplied by material per tonne.
- Prices are based on material and operating cost.
- The recyclables’ price is only available for loads that have been pre-sorted into different material streams available on site.
- Mixed loads will be charged the mixed trade waste price as shown above.
- The price determined by site staff is final and non-negotiable.
Other items that can be accepted at the site
- Domestic fridge and freezer- £16 each
- Small commercial fridge - £45 each
- Medium commercial fridge - £70 each
- Large commercial fridge - £144 each
- Car, van and pick-up tyres - £5 each – No large tyres will be accepted.
- TVs and monitors - £16 each
- Clean card - £10 per load
- Clean paper (including shredded) - £10 per load
- Vehicles above 7.5 tonnes gross weight and trailers over 3.5m in length are not permitted to use the site
- Traders wishing to use the site must hold a valid waste carriers licence. Traders will be asked to produce their licence or licence number at all times
- Vehicles will be weighed on a weighbridge, a site representative will check the materials and confirm the material category that will be charged
- Vehicles will be weighed again once the waste has been unloaded and a charge will be made by the relevant pricing band
- When waste has been disposed of and payment has been completed, traders will be given a waste transfer note which proves they have taken their waste to an authorised site and provides a record of what they have deposited
- Traders must keep their waste transfer note for a minimum of two years in case they are asked to provide it by the Environment Agency or their local council.
- The site is monitored using closed circuit television (CCTV). Failure to pay may result in prosecution
- Payment can be made by cash or card
- Failure to pay may result in prosecution
Download a copy of the site information (PDF, 440KB)
Bumpers Lane, Off Sealand Road, Chester, CH1 6QE