Each Member has a total of £5,000 per annum to be distributed to worthy local projects.
Member budgets were introduced to enhance the ability of councillors, as democratically elected representatives, to improve the quality of life and wellbeing of their local communities.
Member budgets award scheme
This Member's Budget Award Scheme was introduced to support small to medium community driven projects and enhance the ability of Members, to improve the quality of life and wellbeing of their local communities. Funding is provided to recipients as a discretionary award and is aimed at addressing priorities for action identified within the Local Delivery Plans (LDP). The budget for 2021/22 is £5,000 per member plus any carry forward amount from 2020/21.
Please read the full guidance notes before applying for funding as there are a number of conditions, before, during and after receiving the funding. You are bidding for funding which is public money and your bid will be considered in a fair, transparent way by both officers and Members.
- 7 May 2021: Member Budgets Scheme opens
- 31 January 2022: Last day for applications to be received
- 28 February 2022: Last day for applications to be processed and paid
- 31 March 2022: Projects should be completed but can continue with Locality Manager's permission.
Groups wishing to receive funding from Members Budget scheme may also want to look at funding via the Council's Spacehive crowdfunding scheme, Cheshire West Crowd. The aim of Spacehive is to make it as easy as possible for people with ideas to improve their local area by attracting support and funding from local people, local businesses and funders. Members can also contribute funding to Cheshire West Crowd. For more information ask your Locality Team.
Details of spend
- Member budget spend 2021-21 (PDF, 422KB)
- Member budget spend 2019-20 (PDF, 563KB)
- Member budget spend 2018-19 (PDF, 618KB)
- Member budget spend 2017-18 (PDF, 603KB)
- Member budget spend 2016-17 (PDF, 278KB)
- Member budget spend 2015-16 (PDF, 591KB)
- Member budget spend 2014-15 (PDF, 435KB)
- Member budget spend 2013-14 (PDF, 558KB)
- Member budget spend 2011-12 and 2012-13 (PDF, 2.9MB)
- Member budget spend 2009-11 (PDF, 243KB)