Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Council Tax bands

Can I appeal against my property's valuation band?

The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) values domestic properties for Council Tax and the valuation is used to set your Council Tax band. If you think you are in the wrong band you need to contact the VOA.

More information about when you can challenge your band and what you need to do can be found on the Gov.UK website. If you challenge your band, you must continue to pay Council Tax at your current band until your appeal is decided.

Challenge your band

You can contact the VOA via the Gov.UK website or by phone on 03000 501 501.