Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Council Tax reduction


Council Tax Reduction is aimed at helping people who are on low incomes by covering part or all of your bill.

You can apply if you are working, or unemployed.

You can apply for council tax support if you:

  • live at the property
  • pay council tax
  • have a low income, or are entitled to a benefit paid by the Department for Work and Pensions or the Pension Service
  • have capital of less than £6000, if you are working age; or £16,000 for working age protected group applicants and Pension age.
  • if you are of pension credit age

Further details on the maximum amount we can pay or how we calculate what you are entitled to, can be found on our How Council Tax is worked out page.