Skip to main content

Contact planning and building control

The services described on this page relate to informal planning advice. We will always try to help where we can, but it won’t always be possible to give detailed advice, for example if you are thinking of applying for planning permission.

Pre-application advice service

If you are looking for detailed advice on a development scheme you are considering, please use our pre-application advice service (charges may apply).

Online search facility

If you are looking for an update on a particular planning application, you can track progress using our online search facility. You may also find the case officer’s direct contact details on any formal letter you may have been sent.

Online advice service

If you would like to ask a general Planning question then you can use the online advice service form below. Please provide some information to us about your query and an Officer will contact you by email or telephone. We will try and contact you as soon as possible within normal office hours. If you have a particular requirement with regard to contact, please provide any information within the form.

Online advice request form

By email

The planning and building consultancy teams can also be contacted by email.

Postal correspondence

Please post any paper correspondence, including paper application forms and supporting information, to Development Management, 4 Civic Way, Ellesmere Port CH65 0BE.

Duty planning officer telephone service

You can call for planning advice any time between 9am-4.45pm Monday to Friday.

  • Telephone: 0300 123 7027

Please note: it may not be always possible to speak to someone straight away - in that instance, your details will be taken and an officer will try to call you back as soon as possible in our normal office hours. On busy days it may not be possible for us to call back on the same day.

Duty building consultancy surveyors

  • Available 1pm - 5pm Monday to Friday.
  • Telephone 0300 123 7027 and ask for the Duty Building Consultancy Surveyor. 


If you wish to make a complaint regarding the process in how a particular planning application was dealt with, then please comment, compliment or complaint. 

How do I report problems with the planning website/documents?

You can report this problem by email:

Is there a character limit for commenting on a planning application online?

There are 4000 characters allowed for comments on a planning application online. If the characters exceed 4000, you should email your comment to

Share this page

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.