National Productivity Investment Fund for the Local Road Network
A556 Gadbrook Park Junction upgrade
Our £2.990m A556 Improvement Scheme has secured funding support from the DfT’s NPIF programme and will bring significant congestion relief and productivity benefits to the A556 Gadbrook Park junction in Northwich.
This junction is the only access point into and out of the business park and tackling congestion at this location is highlighted as one of the key transport priorities for the Northwich Transport Strategy in support of the borough’s economy and to improve connectivity.
It will deliver a new dedicated free flow left turn lane, extended junction approaches, improved traffic signal equipment, while reducing traffic delays during peak time periods, with enhancements to existing pedestrian and cycling facilities.
The scheme will be delivered in several phases beginning in Autumn 2020, with all works scheduled for completion in Spring 2021.
The purpose of the Department for Transport (DfT) National Productivity Investment Fund (NPIF) is to increase and rebalance productivity, by relieving congestion and delivering upgrades to local roads and public transport networks, outside of London.
The A556 Gadbrook Park junction upgrade scheme was prioritised locally as best able to demonstrate the outcomes for NPIF funding, in easing congestion, unlocking economic growth and improving connectivity on a local and national level.
- A556 Gadbrook Park junction upgrade NPIF application form (PDF, 1.18MB)
- Appendix 4: Strategic context map (PDF, 1.50MB)
- Appendix 4: Strategic context map, Local Plan (part one), development sites (2015) (PDF, 874KB)
- Appendix 5: Options analysis design drawings (PDF, 2.23MB)
- Appendix 6: Technical note results of junction modelling (PDF, 657KB)
- Appendix 7: Technical note results of transport modelling (PDF, 582KB)
- Appendix 8: Scheme impact pro-forma (PDF, 13KB)
- Appendix 9: Economic appraisal summary table (PDF, 24KB)
- Appendix 10: Project programme (PDF, 185KB)
- Appendix 11: Risk management strategy (PDF, 134KB)
- Appendix 12: Risk register and QRA (PDF, 621KB)