Your bin collection
There will be no change to collections during the Easter bank holidays. Scheduled collections will be made on Friday 19 April and Monday 22 April. If you are unsure of your collection day, you can find your collection day on our website.
Please place out your containers that are scheduled to be emptied on that day by 7am.
When is your bin collected?
To find out when your next collection day is, enter your postcode into the finder below.
Find your collection day
Which bin or box should you use?
To find out what items you can recycle and what goes in which bin or box, use the tool below....
Search for an item
Where do I place my bin or box?
Containers are to be placed at the edge of a customer’s property, unless assisted service is provided. Containers need to be made available for emptying from 7am on the scheduled day of collection.
What goes in a black wheelie bin
- General waste
- Black plastic
- Pet waste
What goes in a green wheelie bin
- Garden waste
- Small branches
- Grass and hedge clippings
- Cut flowers
What goes in a brown food bin
- Raw and cooked waste food
- Tea bags
- Coffee grounds
What goes in a grey box
- Plastic and cans
- Plastic pots and packaging
- Trays (no black plastic)
- Empty Aerosols
What goes in a green box
- Card (large amounts should be flat and folded)
- Batteries (leave car batteries beside the box)
- Envelopes with windows
- Mixed textiles and clothing (bagged)
- Shoes (paired)
- Cooking and engine oil (in a sealed container left upright beside the box)
- Small electrical items (smaller than a toaster)
- Empty printer cartridges
- Mobile phone
- (no tissues, kitchen towels)
- Shredded paper (contained in a carrier bag)
If you can't find what you're looking for in the lists above search for an item