Your bin collection
When is your bin collected?
Find your collection day
Which bin or box should you use?
To find out what items you can recycle and what goes in which bin or box, use the tool below....
Search for an item
Please note: We are currently unable to recycle compostable cups and cutlery at the kerbside. This is because the current recycling process cannot compost the materials. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Where do I place my bin or box?
Containers are to be placed at the edge of a customer’s property, unless assisted service is provided. Containers need to be made available for emptying from 7am on the scheduled day of collection.
If you have a shared driveway or shared access then you need to place your containers for emptying where the driveway meets the main adopted public highway.
What goes in a black wheelie bin
- General waste
- Black plastic
- Pet waste
What goes in a green wheelie bin
- Garden waste
- Small branches
- Grass and hedge clippings
- Cut flowers
What goes in a brown food bin
- Raw and cooked waste food
- Tea bags
- Coffee grounds
What goes in a grey box
- Plastic and cans
- Plastic pots and packaging
- Trays (no black plastic)
- Empty aerosols
What goes in a green box
- Glass bottles and jars. (no broken glass, panes of glass or pyrex)
- Card (large amounts should be flat and folded)
- Batteries (leave car batteries beside the box)
- Envelopes with windows
- Mixed textiles and clothing (bagged - please do not use charity bags)
- Shoes (laces tied together or placed in a bag to keep together)
- Cooking and engine oil (in a sealed container left upright beside the box)
- Small electrical items (smaller than a toaster)
- Empty printer cartridges
- Mobile phone
- (no tissues, kitchen towels)
- Shredded paper (contained in a carrier bag)
If you can't find what you're looking for in the lists above search for an item