Resident Assistance Points
Our order and collect service is still available from selected libraries and we have a wide range of eBooks, audio downloads, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eResources free of charge.
Our libraries are now fine-free for children aged 0 to 12 years so they will no longer be charged for any overdue items. Any pre-existing late charges have been removed from their accounts.
High Street, Winsford, CW7 2AS
- Telephone: 01606 275065
- Monday and Thursday: 9.30am - 7pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 9.30am - 5pm
- Saturday: 9.30am - 1pm
Resident Assistance Point
This building is equipped with technology to enable customers to access Council services. Staff are also on hand to provide guidance and advice.
- Free Wi-Fi – login with your library card number and PIN/password
Home Library Service
The Home Library Service provides library books and talking books directly to the homes of readers who are unable to collect their own items from a library. If you would like to use the Home Library Service, please ask a member of staff.
We’re always looking for new volunteers and there are a number of ways to help, from selecting items for customers, to driving and dropping off items at customers’ homes. To apply go to Volunteering in Cheshire West Libraries
- Rhymetime for under fives: 10.30am – 11am, weekly
- Colouring club: 3.30pm - 5pm, weekly
- Baby bounce: 10.30am – 11am and 11.30am – 12pm. For 12 months and under
- Children's games club: 3pm - 4.30pm, weekly.
- Story time for under fives: 10.30am – 11am, weekly
- Digital device sessions: 2pm - 4pm, weekly. Learn how to get the most out of your technology, from tablets to smartphones. Please contact the library to book a 30minute slot.
- Craft and Chat: 5.30pm – 6.45pm, monthly. Guided craft on the last Thursday of the month at a small charge. Contact the library for more information.
- Lego club: 3.30pm – 4.30pm, weekly
Where is the library? How do I get there?
The library is situated on the High Street dual-carriageway that runs through Winsford. It is opposite High Street Primary School and between the Dingle Recreation Centre and the Health Centre, to the left of the entrance to Winsford Cross Shopping Centre.
There is a bus stop directly outside the library for the 28-31 Northwich-Winsford-Crewe buses. Phone Cheshire Traveline on 0845 140 2666, 8am - 8pm, for further information. The railway station is over a mile away, with a bus service to the town centre. Please phone the National Rail Enquiry Line on 08457 484950 for train details.
The library has its own car park behind the building. Alternatively, short-stay parking is available from town car parks.
There are two disabled parking spaces in the library car park.