Skip to main content


Storm Christoph has caused significant disruption across the borough. Find out which services are affected.

Learn more

Council Tax bands

If your moving in to a new property or want to know your Council Tax band you can find this online:

Find your Council Tax band online

How is your property banded?

Your property is banded by the Valuation office, it is worked out on what the value would have been on the open market in April 1991. If you think you are in the wrong band, you will need to speak with the valuation office.

Band  Value as of 1 April 1991
 A  up to £40,000
 B  £40,001 to £52,000
 C  £52,001 to £68,000
 D  £68,001 to £88,000
 E  £88,001 to £120,000
 F  £120,000 to £160,000
 G  £160,001 to £320,000
 H  More than £320,001

If you want to know what your Council Tax covers visit our 'Your Council Tax bill explained' page.



Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.