Skills and employment
We currently have Work Zones located in Chester, Ellesmere Port, Winsford and Northwich. We are also able to provide support over the phone or via Microsoft Teams.
Work Zones are supporting people who are coming out of work as a result of COVID-19 who need to find alternative employment. If you would like us to help you to find a new job, please complete the details on the form and we will be in touch to discuss your requirements.
For employers looking to recruit, we can source potential employees to meet current recruitment demand so please get in touch with your requirements by email: email@example.com.
There is also an online employer form which is to be completed by those businesses who are looking to expand and want to recruit employees. These vacancies are then shared across the work zones who aim to try and match customers that they are supporting with these jobs.
Further information regarding the redundancy support we offer can be found on our redundancy offer page.
DWP have recently launched “A Good Place to Start” campaign which provides advice and information for jobseekers and businesses. The Jobhelp website provides information for individuals such as fact sheets and links to job search tools. The Employerhelp website provides information for employers looking to recruit and tips on remote interviewing.
For all existing customers of our Work Zones and for any other unemployed resident wanting to access online employment support to get CVs into shape and prepare for interviews, please contact our Work Zones and we will ensure you get the support you need:
Phone your local Work Zone
- Ellesmere Port Work Zone - 07990 532 869
- Northwich Work Zone - 07833 236 675
- Winsford Work Zone - 07766 205 389
- Chester Work Zone - 07775 717 122
The Work Zone staff are available and will be conducting one to one mentoring appointments and registrations over the phone and online.
Our Work Zones offer a range of services to support you in identifying and developing your job hunting and employability skills. You need to be aged 19 or above to access this support.
Some examples of the help on offer at our Work Zones include:
- the opportunity to receive one to one information, advice and guidance (IAG) with the National Careers Service on options for learning and work, helping you to identify, and work towards your aims for the future
- personal skills analysis and action planning
- confidence building courses
- preparing for Employment qualifications
- brushing up on English, Maths and IT skills, and opportunities to gain current qualifications, including functional skills in English and Maths
Each of the Work Zones offers weekly Job Clubs - the Job Clubs run as a drop in, and cover such things as:
- one-to-one job search activities
- group work job search activities
- customer cross job search activities
- CV writing sessions
- application form completion sessions
- letter writing
- online application forms
- the benefits of employment
- personal goal setting
- self employment
- interview techniques
- mock interviews
- confidence building
As well as having free access to computers for job searching and applications, those registering with the Work Zones will also have the opportunity to work with an employment mentor who can support them on a one to one basis in their search for work.
Find out more about Employment Mentors, and how they might be able to support you in your search for work below.
It is free to register for Work Zone support and there is no charge for courses if you are unemployed and/or receiving means tested benefits.
The Work Zones are based at the following locations.
- Address: The Bluecoat Buildings, Upper Northgate Street, Chester, CH1 4EE
- Telephone: 07775 717122
- Work zone term 2: January 2023 (PDF, 346KB)
- Work zone term 2: February - March 2023 (PDF, 328KB)
- Address: Ellesmere Port Work Zone, The Portal, Wellington Road, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, CH65 0DA
- Telephone: 07990 532869
- Work zone term 2: January (PDF, 313KB)
- Work zone term 2: February (PDF, 321KB)
- Work zone term 2: March (PDF, 318KB)
- Address: Work Zone, Waterside House, Navigation Road, Northwich, CW8 1BE
- Telephone: 07833 236 675
- Work zone term 2: January - April 2023 (PDF, 510KB)
- Address: Wyvern House, The Drumber, Winsford, CW7 1AH
- Telephone: 07766 205 389
- Work zone term 2: January - April 2023 (PDF, 512KB)