Skip to main content

School Admissions frequently asked questions

How do I apply for a school place?

You can apply online:

Or via a paper application which we can send out, you have to request this via email.

What are the chances of my first school preference being met?

Your preferences will be met, unless the law says to do so would 'prejudice the provision of efficient education or the efficient use of resources'. This means that as long as there are places available at the school al preferences will be met.

For many schools more applications can be received than the number of places available. In such a case applications are prioritised on the basis of the schools published oversubscription criteria.

I have locked myself out of the admissions online account?

You will need to create a new account with a different email address if you are trying to apply for a place.

If you have applied but can not login to view the offer we will send out a letter and you can contact us.

How do I appeal my school place?

Appeals must be in writing directly to the school. For community and voluntary school appeal forms need to be completed.

You will need to contact the schools directly.

My child wants to change school

You need to contact the schools directly, for a list of the places that are available you can email us.

Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.