Help with adaptations and repairs
Liverpool Mutual Homes (LMH) has been appointed by Cheshire West and Chester Council to manage its Home Assistance Hub for residents in the borough.
The Home Assistance Hub can provide advice and assistance to home owners on a wide range of issues such as:
- home adaptations for disabled residents
- property repairs and improvements
- financial help available
- small jobs around the home
- home safety and security
- home insulation and energy efficiency
Repairs and improvements (Decent Homes)
This service will help residents to identify and arrange for any necessary repairs and improvements to their property. The Home Assistance Hub can also advise on possible sources of funding. Examples of help available can be found below.
- Decent Homes Loans and Home Safety Grants are available from the Council, subject to a financial assessment and property survey
- Decent Homes Loans can help with essential repairs such as roof work, updating electrical systems, replacement windows and doors, updating kitchen and bathrooms
- Home Safety Grants are available for urgent repairs where there is serious risk to health, safety or welfare. For example serious electrical defects, serious disrepair causing extensive dampness, risk of structural collapse
Home adaptations for residents with disabilities
The Home Assistance Hub provides a support service to residents, referred by the Council’s Occupational Therapy Team, who need or major adaptations to their property to help them live independently at home. The work is usually funded by Disabled Facilities Grant which is subject to a financial assessment.
Examples of adaptations are: walk in (level access) showers, ramps, stairlifts, extensions and alterations to provide ground floor facilities such as bedrooms and bathrooms.
This service can help with small jobs around the home to ensure safe and independent living such as gardening, decorating, loft clearance, furniture clearance/removals, minor electrical and gas works, drainage and plumbing. The Home Assistance Hub will charge a fee for this service.
Target hardening service for domestic abuse victims
The Home Assistance Hub can improve the security of resident’s homes by delivering essential security repairs and security advice where the household have experienced domestic abuse. Examples include repairs to door frames, boarding of windows and doors, and repairs to make safe internal and external damage which poses a threat to personal safety.
Who to contact
For more information on Home Assistance Hub services.
Or download our advice leaflets on the help available.
Home Assistance Policy
The Private Sector Housing Home Assistance Policy sets out the types of financial help available in detail and includes information on eligibility criteria, procedures and conditions of assistance. You can read the full Policy on the Inside Cheshire West website.